This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
The problem I have is both of these Db are Standard Edition so I can't use features like data guard / streamsdata guard: no, streams: yes
so can anybody suggest how I can turn one of these current db's into a standby db. I personally think the only way is to do this is via moving over the archive logs from one db to the other one and re applying them to the second db but I would like to know the steps I have to take to do this.1. take backup of primary
2. restore backup on standby
3. recover database on standby, and leave in MOUNT state
4. copy archivelogs from primary to standby
5. recover standby using the new archivelogs, and leave in MOUNT state
6. goto 4.
This question already covered at below notes:
Alternative for standby database in standard edition [ID 333749.1]
Data Guard and Oracle Standard Edition [ID 305360.1]
PS: Please dont forget to change thread status to answered if it possible when u belive your thread has been answered, it pretend to lose time of other forums user while they are searching open question which is not answered,thanks for understanding
If you are running Oracle Standard Edition (SE) and would like to have a standby database there are 2 options:
1. Do it your self as suggested by the others in the forum
2. Use a third party product such as Dbvisit Standby. These products offer some nice Data Guard features such as graceful switchover, archive log gap reporting, creating the standby database and easy failover.