2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 9:14 AM by mokhan247 RSS

'You do not have permissions for this item' - MATERIAL SPECIFICATION

mokhan247
      Dear members,

I am trying to access a Material Spec but I am persistently presented with the following message: "'You do not have permissions for this item'".

Funnily, I was previously able to access the specifications but now I am presented with this.

I have the same issue with LIO Profiles.

Does anybody have a known solution for this?

Kind regards,
        • 1. Re: 'You do not have permissions for this item' - MATERIAL SPECIFICATION
          Ron M-Oracle
          This usually occurs when you do not have Read permission according to the workflow status of the specification. Different permissions can be set up for different statuses in WFA (WorkFlow) Administration.

Also, if you are using the Business Units as Security feature (rather than just BU visibility), you could get this message. In this case, you should not be able to see this spec in a search result though, so if you can see it in the material spec search page results, it isn't a BU issue, it is a workflow read permission issue.

There is one additional possibility, which is if your team has implemented the SpecVetoHandler extensibility point, which allows for added custom read permission checks. This is a technical extensibility point configured in the CustomPluginExtensions.xml config.

But most likely, it is a workflow permissions issue. You'll have to ask your workflow adminitrator user(s).

Regards
          Ron
          • 2. Re: 'You do not have permissions for this item' - MATERIAL SPECIFICATION
            mokhan247
            Thank you for this.

Greatly appreciated :)