This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 8:40 AM by user648334 RSS

task flow mail configuration

user648334 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello! we have got another problem: configuration of the mail server to allow hyperion to send e mail notification as a task flow has finished his work.

i've set up the e mail server by going to : planning , administration>application> settings > e mail host server

and then i've set up the task flow step: hub > e mail > send to.

but when the task flow has finished it does not function.

what are we doing wrong?
thanks a lot

Edited by: user648334 on Oct 1, 2012 7:54 AM
  • 1. Re: task flow mail configuration
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Might be worth having a read of the following doc in Oracle Support - "Troubleshooting Email Notifications In Hyperion Planning [ID 988576.1]"

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 2. Re: task flow mail configuration
    user648334 Newbie
    Thank you John,
    after having setted the mail server in administration >application>setting (+ having setted the admin preferences: e mail, task notifications yes ...) ..i've followed your document and tested the connectivity with the prompt command
    telnet smtpserver_hostname 25
    As the result we have 'it is not recognised as an internal or external o command, operable program, or batch file.

Reading on the web it could be a securiy issue and thus i have to contact the it department.

Anyone going trough this issue?
  • 3. Re: task flow mail configuration
    user648334 Newbie
    I've now installed telnet with the following command pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient" (since the error before was due to the fact that telnet was not installed)
    and now i've digited the following prompt command (with my e mail server name)
    telnet smtpserver_hostname 25
    the prompt initialises a connection but then a message soon appears: colud not open a connection to the port 25 : connect failed.
  • 4. Re: task flow mail configuration
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Do you have any firewalls in place, is your smtp server definitely running on port 25

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 5. Re: task flow mail configuration
    user648334 Newbie
    thanks for the advice, having requested about the firewall to the final user we have used their internal host and then we have been able to send en e mail trough telnet.
    despite this success the task flow process does not success in sending emails when we add a step: hub > mail + recever mail . + variables of the message (show results of step 1)
    as a status variable the task flow shows: failed. (and thus the user does not receive any mail status)

we have setted all the required planning set up: server mail + preferences.
    any idea?
    thanks a lot

Edited by: user648334 on Oct 2, 2012 6:23 AM
  • 6. Re: task flow mail configuration
    user648334 Newbie
    we have solved the case through an oracle SR it was a problem related to same file to rename (mail file)
    the solution was :
    - Stop FoundationServices (HSS)
    - Navigate to your EPM Installer location and the 'modules' folder e.g: C:\Oracle\Middleware\modules

- Rename the jar file "javax.mail_1.1.0.0_1-4-1.jar" to "javax.mail_1.1.0.0_1-4-1.jar_orig"

- Make a copy of the file "javax.mail_1.4.jar" to "javax.mail_1.4.jar.orig".

- Rename "javax.mail_1.4.jar to "javax.mail_1.1.0.0_1-4-1.jar"

- Restart FoundationServices (HSS)
    - Run the Taskflow

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points