This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 3:23 AM by bigdelboy RSS

Information Required for OCP

965566 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey Team,

I am an OCA. Now i want to prepare for OCP in advanced PL/SQL 11g. Could you please let me know about any reference book that i can follow and cover the whole OCP - 1Z0-146 syllabus.

It will be greatly appreciated..
  • 1. Re: Information Required for OCP
    dfcii Pro
    Good morning,

I recently received [url http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Advanced-Developer-Professional-Guide/dp/1849687226/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349179383&sr=1-3&keywords=oracle+1z0-146]Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Professional Guide by Saurabh Gupta. I haven't had much time to study, but it appears to be what I need to study and prepare for the 1Z0-146 test.

Good luck,
    Don.
  • 2. Re: Information Required for OCP
    966104 Newbie
    I guess Google is the best way to explore all the 1Z0-146 syllabus , i gone with it and cleared my OCP certification few days back.
  • 3. Re: Information Required for OCP
    bigdelboy Pro
    963101 wrote:
    I guess Google is the best way to explore all the 1Z0-146 syllabus , i gone with it and cleared my OCP certification few days back.
    Simply saying use google is IMHO poor advice as candidates following this advice alone may lead themselves to braindumps and unauthorised learning material.

And in general I note the posters regard by providence typically tend to indicate the Oracle Documentation is generally the most authorative source.

Obviously the old goodle search engine indexes the oracle documentation on the Oracle Website quite well ; and it can be the fastest way there.

But one should really as part of ones certifcaton to OCP know your way arround the Oracle Documentation without relying on google; which to the unwary can mislead.

But unfortuantely many would jump on your comments as google being the cheap easy way to gold and riches via a PL/SQL OCP. And the'd run straight into giving the braindump sellters their hard earned money. And they would be useles to an employer; if anyone would actually give them a job.

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0477
  • 4. Re: Information Required for OCP
    dfcii Pro
    Good morning,

Well said bigdelboy. What I failed to mention in my response is that I have taken the PL/SQL class as well as the Advanced PL/SQL class. I have access to a wealth of Oracle documentation in the material provided for the class as well as the Oracle manuals. I have taken the time to download the PDF version of Oracle's PL/SQL manual and the PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference. I find all of them invaluable in my work and study.

Thanks,
    Don.
  • 5. Re: Information Required for OCP
    982479 Newbie
    i need oca syllabus,anyone help me please?
  • 6. Re: Information Required for OCP
    bigdelboy Pro
    979476 wrote:
    i need oca syllabus,anyone help me please?
    People who put duplicate posts, or similar posts on the same subject, without mentioning the fact, tend to get less help.

( Re: 1Z0-147 Syllabus Confusion

.... That said the information you require is on:

http://certification.oracle.com

Where the current up to date and authorative topics are available.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points