This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 4:01 AM by ezra-s RSS

Admin can't apply any type of changes because a single weblogic server

ezra-s Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When I try to modify/create "anything" in the admin console of weblogic and I try to apply the changes I am getting this error:

"*An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.*
*Message icon - Error [Management:141191]The prepare phase of the configuration update failed with an exception:*
*Message icon - Error Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found*"

I found a workaround, but not the solution yet.

It seems the problem is caused by a single weblogic server from the domain, if its clustered then from both weblogic servers, or as many as there are.

The workaround is to search in all the weblogic server in its logs to see which one is reporting this same error when I try to apply the changes. You shut down those servers and suddenly the admin server can apply the changes no problem, then you can re-start the offending weblogic server/s.

My questions are:
* Anyone knows how can I know what is deployed or not in a single weblogic server can affect the admin to apply any changes, including anything not related to the weblogic server that is causing the problem?

* How come is this affecting the admin to apply any changes not related at all with what's in this weblogic server?

* Why if I shutdown the weblogic servers I can apply the changes and then the offending weblogic servers will start again correctly?

Is there an effective solution? Since in production environment I can't just go shutting down servers when I need to apply changes through the admin server.

Scenario:
WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.5.0 generic install
jrockit-jdk1.6.0_29-R28.2.0-4.1.0
Linux x64

Any help/tips will be apreciated.

Edited by: ezra-s on 02-oct-2012 11:17

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points