This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 10:46 AM by cindys RSS

Want to use Solaris with ZFS for storage on a glusterfs server with nfs

user215244 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Saw you primary question in
Infiniband bad  outgoing Throughput on 10Gbit HCA
"I would like to use Solaris with ZFS to provide storage for a glusterfs server with nfs" this is exactly what I want to do.

But I have two nodes oi_151a6. I have a basic gluster 3.3. set up running as follows, but I am stumped on how to do anything with it, in fact the underlying NFS sub-system has some errors http://pastie.org/4897191 that I don't understand.

Can I actually do anything with an all OI/Illumos/Solaris infrastructure (no Linux head node) ?

I would like to know more about your experiences and if you could share your setup and build instructions I would be much obliged

Thanks in Advance,

=========================
root@oiha2:/usr/local/sbin# ./gluster
gluster> volume list
v0
gluster> volume delete v0
gluster> volume create gv0 replica 2 poiha1:/brick0 poiha2:/brick0
Creation of volume gv0 has been successful. Please start the volume to access data.
gluster>
gluster> volume start gv0
Starting volume gv0 has been successful
gluster> volume list
gv0
gluster>
gluster> volume info
Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 73c95fea-501a-458d-aab9-98886839423b
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: poiha1:/brick0
Brick2: poiha2:/brick0
gluster>
=========================
  • 1. Re: Want to use Solaris with ZFS for storage on a glusterfs server with nfs
    cindys Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    I have no idea if this would work. I'm not familiar with glusterfs and we don't test ZFS with this product.

What I know is that ZFS is a not a cluster or distributed file system (can't be shared simultaneously between
    2 systems), but it is used with our Solaris Cluster product as a failover file system with NFS. If this is what
    you are asking about, then it would probably work, but who would support this configuration?

I would ask a glusterfs forum about your errors and how to resolve them.

Thanks, Cindy