1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 12:46 PM by Cindys-Oracle RSS

Want to use Solaris with ZFS for storage on a glusterfs server with nfs

user571876
      Saw you primary question in
      Infiniband bad  outgoing Throughput on 10Gbit HCA
      "I would like to use Solaris with ZFS to provide storage for a glusterfs server with nfs" this is exactly what I want to do.

But I have two nodes oi_151a6. I have a basic gluster 3.3. set up running as follows, but I am stumped on how to do anything with it, in fact the underlying NFS sub-system has some errors http://pastie.org/4897191 that I don't understand.

Can I actually do anything with an all OI/Illumos/Solaris infrastructure (no Linux head node) ?

I would like to know more about your experiences and if you could share your setup and build instructions I would be much obliged

Thanks in Advance,

=========================
      root@oiha2:/usr/local/sbin# ./gluster
      gluster> volume list
      v0
      gluster> volume delete v0
      gluster> volume create gv0 replica 2 poiha1:/brick0 poiha2:/brick0
      Creation of volume gv0 has been successful. Please start the volume to access data.
      gluster>
      gluster> volume start gv0
      Starting volume gv0 has been successful
      gluster> volume list
      gv0
      gluster>
      gluster> volume info
      Volume Name: gv0
      Type: Replicate
      Volume ID: 73c95fea-501a-458d-aab9-98886839423b
      Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
      Transport-type: tcp
      Bricks:
      Brick1: poiha1:/brick0
      Brick2: poiha2:/brick0
      gluster>
      =========================
        • 1. Re: Want to use Solaris with ZFS for storage on a glusterfs server with nfs
          Cindys-Oracle
          I have no idea if this would work. I'm not familiar with glusterfs and we don't test ZFS with this product.

What I know is that ZFS is a not a cluster or distributed file system (can't be shared simultaneously between
          2 systems), but it is used with our Solaris Cluster product as a failover file system with NFS. If this is what
          you are asking about, then it would probably work, but who would support this configuration?

I would ask a glusterfs forum about your errors and how to resolve them.

Thanks, Cindy