1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2012 1:04 PM by user13445377 RSS

Error while connecting the rman target

user13445377
      I am getting the below error message when i am trying to connect the rman target .. Please check the below issue and let us know how we can resolve the issue..

$ rman target /

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Oct 2 15:18:06 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
      RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
      RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed
      RMAN-12001: could not open channel default
      RMAN-10008: could not create channel context
      RMAN-10002: ORACLE error: ORA-00096: invalid value SIGNATURE for parameter remote_dependencies_mode, must be from among MATERIALIZE, OPTIMIZER
      RMAN-10006: error running SQL statement: alter session set remote_dependencies_mode = signature
      $
        • 1. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
          Fran
           RMAN-10002: ORACLE error: ORA-00096: invalid value SIGNATURE for parameter remote_dependencies_mode, must be from among MATERIALIZE, OPTIMIZER
          RMAN-10006: error running SQL statement: alter session set remote_dependencies_mode = signature [/code]

alter session set remote_dependencies_mode=MATERIALIZE [or OPTIMIZER] scope=both;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
          • 2. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
            user13445377
            I have changed the parameter value as per your suggestion. But still i am getting the same error message.. Please find the details below.

Cna you please help me in resolving the issue...

SQL> show parameter remote_dependencies_mode

NAME TYPE VALUE
            ------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
            remote_dependencies_mode string MATERIALIZE
            SQL> exit
            Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production
            With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
            $rman target /

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Oct 2 15:50:33 2012

RMAN-10006: error running SQL statement: alter session set remote_dependencies_mode = signature
            $
            • 3. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
              EdStevens
              user13445377 wrote:
              I have changed the parameter value as per your suggestion. But still i am getting the same error message.. Please find the details below.

Cna you please help me in resolving the issue...

NAME TYPE VALUE
              SQL> exit
              Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production
              With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
              $rman target /

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Oct 2 15:50:33 2012

$
              "error running SQL statement: alter session "

suggest to me you might have an on logon trigger creating some mischief.
              • 4. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                vlethakula
                can you paste the output of:

SQL> select conf#,name,value from v$rman_configuration;
                • 5. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                  Osama_Mustafa
                  also check if this found
                  $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.a
                  • 6. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                    user13445377
                    Hi,

Please find the requested output below...

SQL> select conf#,name,value from v$rman_configuration;

no rows selected
                    • 7. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                      user13445377
                      I could find the below file, Please find the details below,...

$ ls -ltr /usr/lib/libobk64.a
                      lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 46 Feb 22 2010 /usr/lib/libobk64.a -> /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/libobk64.a
                      • 8. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                        Virendra.K1.Yadav
                        Can you please check the remote_dependencies_mode parameter again?
                        And try with ALTER SYSTEM instead of ALTER SESSION, if it is not set properly.

Regards,
                        Virendra
                        • 9. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                          user13445377
                          Hi Virendra,

Currently the value of the remote_dependencies_mode parameter set as MATERIALIZE.. I have used the alert system set commands when i am chaging this parameter ..

Please let me know what else i need to verify to fix the issue...

NAME TYPE VALUE
                          • 10. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                            Temime Hammami
                            would you please try to connect as folowing

rman target sys/passwd
                            • 11. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                              user13445377
                              Its not working ....

$ rman target sys/password

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Oct 3 15:21:32 2012

$
                              • 12. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                                Osama_Mustafa
                                Please try to relink Oracle Binary Again
                                relink -all
                                • 13. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                                  user13445377
                                  I have done it, still the same issue i am getting.......

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all

$ rman target /

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Oct 3 16:14:52 2012

_$
                                  • 14. Re: Error while connecting the rman target
                                    Osama_Mustafa
                                    did you to Choose a value as indicated by the message
                                    alter system set remote_dependencies_mode=MATERIALIZE scope=spfile 
                                    OR
                                    alter system set remote_dependencies_mode=OPTIMIZER scope=spfile 
                                    1 2 Previous Next