This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 6:02 PM by user437657 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hussein,

Is it necessary to following the instruction for merging as per the documentation or if I merged all the pre-install patches in one bundle as we merged other patches and apply the patches when I am done applying all the merger patches in pre-install mode and then apply the 6678700 patch.

Please reply all my question.

Thanks so much.
  • 31. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    Hi ,

There is a update from my side.

I unzipped all the patches mentioned in the "EBS_R12.1_Preinstall_2012_Sep_20.zip". merged all the patches and applied the patches in preinstall mode. Have I done correct ?. Now I can proceed with the patch 6678700 using adptcah options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion.

Can I ignore instructions in the document that merge the patch drivers in the preinstall directory with the u6678700.drv. and apply the newly merged driver with adpatch options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion

That does not seem to me logical. preinstall patches will applied with preinstall=y but 667870 can be applied with the above option and other thing is that how come patch will be successful if other files of the patch does not exist in the same directory.

If I am right then let me know my next task is to apply just the "Release 12.1 upgrade driver $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver/u6678700.drv. "

I have just noted that the patches I applied in preinstall mode are copied in "/u01/oracle/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/TEST/preinstall" , but just the driver file (*.drv) , what indicate this ?

Thanks
  • 32. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    959660 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein for your reply.
    Do you know about EBS_R12.1_Preinstall_2012_Sep_20.zip, I think that this is most latest documentation/list of patches regarding CUP patches, just released on Sep20, 2012 ?

Regards
    You can find the latest patches in the docs referenced in my previous reply. Just visit the Patches README files to verify when it was released.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 33. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    Is it necessary to following the instruction for merging as per the documentation or if I merged all the pre-install patches in one bundle as we merged other patches and apply the patches when I am done applying all the merger patches in pre-install mode and then apply the 6678700 patch.

Please reply all my question.
    Merge all pre-install patches together in one patch and apply them then apply the main upgrade patch driver (u6678700.drv).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 34. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    I unzipped all the patches mentioned in the "EBS_R12.1_Preinstall_2012_Sep_20.zip". merged all the patches and applied the patches in preinstall mode. Have I done correct ?. Now I can proceed with the patch 6678700 using adptcah options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion.
    Correct.
    Can I ignore instructions in the document that merge the patch drivers in the preinstall directory with the u6678700.drv. and apply the newly merged driver with adpatch options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion
    Yes.
    That does not seem to me logical. preinstall patches will applied with preinstall=y but 667870 can be applied with the above option and other thing is that how come patch will be successful if other files of the patch does not exist in the same directory.
    That's why you need to apply pre-install patches first (in one merged patch) then apply the upgrade driver.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 35. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    I am have one issue relate to adpatch.

the adpatch starts everytime from the one failed patch 6767273 that I applied couple of hours ago and then canceled. I tried to change with so many patches but every time it reads from the same failed patch.
    I have saved my patches on the shared unix drive, when adpatch was properly working, I used to give the patch directory where I saved the patches and then the patch *.drv file but now it is neither asking for
    patch driver file nor the patch directory, every time I get the message "Your default directory is '/u01/oracle/apps/apps_st/appl'." .

I am getting the same message "(that message is related to the failed patch 6767273) , whether I apply any patch. Following is the message.

This patch is compatible with: entity 'ad' - codeline 'R12.AD.A'.
    Your current on-site codeline for the entity 'ad' is: 'R12.AD.B'.

How can I get rid of this , cannot reply any patch.

The second question is that what is the meaning of above message, I dont' need to apply patch 6767273 because I installed the higher version i.e. 12.1.1
  • 36. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

The adpatch issue is fixed now by following another note [ID 159127.1] that you referred to somebody by doing the following.

1. Check the following on the system encountering the problem:

$ cd $APPL_TOP/admin//restart
    $ ls -l *.rf9

(to see what .rf9 files are on the system).

2. Check for ad*.rf9 files. These are the adpatch restart files.

3. Rename all ad*.rf9 files to .old files.

4. Start adpatch session from the start where the session should complet

Thanks
    Asad
  • 37. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

I got new issue regarding CUP1 (pre-install patches), . I have also opened Oracle SR but so far no help. I am expecting help from you.

My questions regarding is related to Note 1448102.1 [Oracle E-Business Suite Pre-install Patches Report [Video]]:

I have done the following steps, as per mentioned in the document.

1) First I merged all the preinstall patches mentioned in the (Doc ID 1448102.1)."EBS_R12.1_Preinstall_2012_Sep_20.zip".

2) And then merged all the above patches by using the command:

admrgpch -s /mnt/shareddrive/r12_cup_patches -d /mnt/shareddrive/r12_cup_merged_patches -merge_name preinstall

and then applied .upreinstall.drv in "adpatch preinstall=y"

3) After merging and applying preinstall.drv , the upreinstall.drv located under $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/preinstall directory.

4) Then I ran the command "admrgpch -d . -preinstall -master u6678700.drv" and the following error appeared:

"WARNING: Ignoring the current patch /u01/oracle/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/TEST/preinstall/u_preinstall.drv, since it is AD's driver file ."

5) For the test purpose when I applied 10-15 preinstall patches and these all placed under preinstall directory , there were not problem with admrgpch -d . -preinstall -master u6678700.drv, on problem was with already merged preinstall (applied patches).
  • 38. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    I have one more question please.

Section ( 9 ) of the Oracle documentation Part Number E16342-04 for upgrade to 12.1.1 ask for(patch 7461070). I tried to apply this patch in preinstall mode but it did fail. but read me files says apply this patch using admsi.pl. please clarify that this patch is not preinstall patch.

Thanks
    Asad
  • 39. Re: doubt on upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1
    user437657 Newbie
    Hi Hussein ,

The following issue is fixed.

admrgpch -s /mnt/shareddrive/r12_cup_patches -d /mnt/shareddrive/r12_cup_merged_patches -merge_name preinstall

and then applied .upreinstall.drv in "adpatch preinstall=y"

Actually, I added more patches in the preinstall merge that the Oracle list, that is why I was getting this issue.

Thanks for your help and advices so far you gave me.

Regards
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points