This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 6:23 AM by Michael Ferrante (Oracle) RSS

FRM-40039 error post 32 bit to 64 bit migration. Please help.

user772691 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm facing the a problem where during runtime I get error:
'FRM-40039: Cannot Attach library Ofgtel while opening Form XXX'

I'm facing this issue post migration of my environment from 32 bit server to 64 bit server.
One more thing I noticed is that after copying and compiling the ofgtel.pll file from production, the pll file size is changing. I agree that this would happen based on platform change, but this change in filesize is happening only with this library and not with few more which exist in the same path.
Can someone please please help me fix this issue.
  • 1. Re: FRM-40039 error post 32 bit to 64 bit migration. Please help.
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    You must regenerate all of the application modules on the new machine. Further, you should not attempt to use a pll for runtime. This needs to be generated into a plx.

So, in this order, generate new X files and be sure to use the compile_all=yes option when calling the compiler:

1. Generate all plls into plx
    2. Generate all menus (mmb) into mmx
    3. Generate all forms (fmb) into fmx

Example for Unix (Windows would be basically the same except usign frmcmp.exe):
    <blockquote>frmcmp.sh module=myLibrary.pll module_type=library userid=scott/tiger@orcl compile_all=yes</blockquote>
    This MUST be accomplished on the machine where these files will be run. The resulting X files are NOT portable to other machines.
  • 2. Re: FRM-40039 error post 32 bit to 64 bit migration. Please help.
    user772691 Newbie
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for responding.
    I have compiled all the files (fmb,mmb,pll) and generated the X files. But nevertheless the error still exists.

To try to re-attach the library to a forms and test I would need Forms builder. But I'm unable to launch formsbuilder via frmbld.sh on my 64 bit linux server. I get the below error:
    INFO: The Forms Builder is only supported on the Linux x86 and Windows x86operating systems, for further information, please refer to the Release Notes

Do you know how to launch forms builder on 64 bit linux server?
  • 3. Re: FRM-40039 error post 32 bit to 64 bit migration. Please help.
    Andreas Weiden Guru
    did you only change 32bit to 64bit, or did you also change the OS?
  • 4. Re: FRM-40039 error post 32 bit to 64 bit migration. Please help.
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    The file Ofgtel.pll (plx) is a Designer module. Therefore I will suspect that your application was originally created using Designer and not directly from Forms. You need to ensure that ALL of the Designer modules which your application uses are re-generated in v11 on the machine where they will be used. Do not generate them and attempt to move them to another machine. Also, it is important that you ensure that the file locations are included in FORMS_PATH (default.env).

As for running the Builder on Linux64, this can be done, but is not supported in R1 (11.1.1). A simple modification to the frmbld.sh file will allow the Builder to start on x64. But again, this is NOT supported so please do not contact Oracle Support when/if you have problems doing this. If you need to reattach libraries or make any application changes, I recommend you do this on a supported platform. Save your changes then move the source files (fmb, mmb, pll, olb) to the runtime machine. On the runtime machine, you will need to generate the X files as I mentioned earlier.

If you continue to get messages which suggest that a file could not be attached, it likely means that you did not generate the X file, the X file cannot be found, or there is a permissions issue on the file. Remember that on Unix (Linux) case sensitivity can be an issue.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points