4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 9:27 AM by Levi Pereira RSS

update of ocr file

Hi,

I have dropped my RAC database and ASM database as well . Now when i'm checking my " crs_stat -t " it showing offline. but when i drop my database it should not shown in "crs_stat -t " . how can i remove my database name and asm name details from crs_stat -t.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: update of ocr file
          P.Forstmann
          What is your 4 digits Oracle version ?
          What are exactly the steps you have followed to drop RAC database and ASM instance ?

I think that you should use SRVCTL to remove RAC database and ASM instance from OCR.

See
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25494/restart005.htm#ADMIN5073
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25494/restart005.htm#CHDBDDAD
          • 2. Re: update of ocr file
            phaeus
            Hello,
            depend on your database version. I think you are looking for the commands crs_unregister and srvctl remove.

Both commands have a usage with "-h" option

regards
            Peter
            • 3. Re: update of ocr file
              Hi ,

I shutdown instance2 and dropped my database from instance1 through by keeping database in startup mount exclusive mode and fired command "drop database"
              and then i shutdown my asm instance2 and dropped asm_diskgroups from asm instance1. that is what i did.

Edited by: 920033 on 3 Oct, 2012 4:59 AM
              • 4. Re: update of ocr file
                Levi Pereira
                Since you removed Database and ASM manually, also you must manually remove ASM and Database from OCR.

From ORACLE_HOME where ASM was running:
                srvctl remove asm -n <node_name> [-i <asm_instance_name>] -f
                From ORACLE_HOME where Database was running:
                srvctl remove database -d <db_name> -f 
                After that check if was removed.

Edited by: Levi Pereira on Oct 3, 2012 11:26 AM ## Follow step posted by Forstmann ( I did not see his post)