3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 9:47 PM by Srinath Menon-Oracle RSS

unable to create related link because of error

Rajiv13435697
      When create cross-reference link in related content. Content server through error "Unable to execute service ADD_RELATED_CONTENT_SUB and function addRelatedContent.".

In investigation of bug we find all the cross reference link are mantained in docmeta field xRelatedContentList in 11g UCM. So i want to know the purpose of this field.
      And how we will fix this problem without increasing size of this field and after increasing the size of field with this property is not working. xRelatedContentList:maxLength=2000).

And is there any way we can skip to enter the value in xRelatedContentList field.
        • 1. Re: unable to create related link because of error
          In investigation of bug we find all the cross reference link are mantained in docmeta field xRelatedContentList in 11g UCM. So i want to know the purpose of this field.
          You have answered your own question. This field contains information about related content items (relation type, item dDocName, item revision).
          And how we will fix this problem without increasing size of this field and after increasing the size of field with this property is not working. xRelatedContentList:maxLength=2000).
          And is there any way we can skip to enter the value in xRelatedContentList field.
          This field is by default 2000 characters long. How did you determine that problem is caused by field lenght? I believe that Content Server logs should contain more details about error cause.

Regards,
          Boris
          • 2. Re: unable to create related link because of error
            where can i find information about the services ADD_RELATED_CONTENT_SUB?
            regards
            • 3. Re: unable to create related link because of error
              Srinath Menon-Oracle
              Hi ,

Easiest way to see what all parameters it takes and which all tables get updated then add the following trace sections on UCM :

systemdatabase,requestaudit,socketrequests and check Full Verbose Tracing .

Then invoke the action that calls this service , finish it and save the changes .

After this check view server output page and see the socketrequest section , all the parameters will in there .

Hope this helps .

Thanks,
              Srinath