This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 4:46 AM by 960341 RSS

RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.

960341 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are doing a upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to 12.1.1; I'm trying to run rapidwiz to lay the R12 file-system using the following option:

./rapidwiz -servername myaliashost.domain.com

I'm facing the following issues :

1. I'm not allowed to select the language setting.
2. I'm getting error RW-20019 after entering MT node details.

Note : Our database is already on 11.1.0.7, hence we are using the same DB home ( we are not laying the DB file-system).

My requirement is that I should be able to access the R12 login page using the following url :

http://myaliashost.domain.com:8000

---------------------
Rapidwiz version =

Oracle Applications Rapid Install Wizard

Version 12.1.1.11

(c) Copyright 2000-2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

---------------------------
  • 1. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    960341 Newbie
    NOTE : I have the alias name entry in my host file, still i'm facing the issue as posted above.

Edited by: 957338 on Oct 4, 2012 12:54 AM
  • 2. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    860213 Pro
    I'm getting error RW-20019 after entering MT node details.
    Can you please provide exact error message, also check rapidwiz logs for any other error:-

How to locate the log files and troubleshoot Rapid Install for Release 12.0.x and 12.1.x [ID 452120.1]

Thanks,
    JD
  • 3. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    960341 Newbie
    JD wrote:
    I'm getting error RW-20019 after entering MT node details.
    Can you please provide exact error message, also check rapidwiz logs for any other error:-

How to locate the log files and troubleshoot Rapid Install for Release 12.0.x and 12.1.x [ID 452120.1]

Thanks,
    JD
    Following is the error message :

RW-20019: No install actions have been found for this machine. Continue on to other uninstalled machines in your configuration, or fix the configuration file to correctly call out this machine.

I tried the note, but i couldn't find any error reported in the logfile.
  • 4. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    What if you use rapidwiz only, do you get the same error?
    My requirement is that I should be able to access the R12 login page using the following url :
    You cannot access the application at this stage, and you still need to do the actual upgrade then run rapidwiz again.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 5. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Following is the error message :

RW-20019: No install actions have been found for this machine. Continue on to other uninstalled machines in your configuration, or fix the configuration file to correctly call out this machine.

I tried the note, but i couldn't find any error reported in the logfile.
    Please upload the installation log files to any free hosting website and post the link here so we can review it -- How to locate the log files and troubleshoot Rapid Install for Release 12.0.x and 12.1.x [ID 452120.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    alvaromiranda Explorer
    RW-20019: No install actions have been found for this machine.
    That mean the installer is not seeing the machine you want to use with the virtual name. (name mis-match)

1. check this note:
    Adding an Alias Hostname with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 ID 603883.1

2. as per note, the output of hostname command need to match the name you are using for rapidwiz

3. ensure dns and/or hosts have the proper information.

Alvaro.
  • 7. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,

I frequently do the installations on logical nodes.

The catch here is, the moment you press ok for this error rapidwiz ends the installation and cleans up the conf_<SID>.txt and $CONTEXT_FILE in /tmp/<timestamp>. But you need the context file as explained below.

1. You need to run rapidwiz till you get this error (RW-20019: No install actions have been found for this machine), Do not press OK button
    2. Go to /tmp and look for the last files created by rapidwiz. In those files you will find the context file.
    3. Copy the context file to some other directory.
    4. Now you have to press the OK for the error (RW-20019: No install actions have been found for this machine), and also you will notice rapidwiz cleans the directory /tmp. That is why i said earlier not to press OK.
    5. Now start rapidwiz with -servername as you tried earlier, but load the context file you copied in step 3 above when it asks for "Configuration Choice".

Thanks
  • 8. Re: RW-20019 while trying to lay MT filesystem for upgrade.
    960341 Newbie
    Hussein Sawwan wrote:
    What if you use rapidwiz only, do you get the same error?
    If I just use rapidwiz, Its successful. The R12 MT file system gets laid without any issues.
    >
    You cannot access the application at this stage, and you still need to do the actual upgrade then run rapidwiz again.
    Yes , I'm not trying to access the application now. But after I complete all the upgrade steps, I want to be able to access my login page as
    http://aliashostname.domain:<port>

Is there a possiblity I could achieve this after upgrading without using alias hostname during rapidwiz.

Thnx.

Edited by: 957338 on Oct 5, 2012 4:46 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points