This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
Unfortunately when using AME, the reminder notification feature is not available.
However, there is a feature with Timeouts that can be used. What happens is after the notification to the approver times out, the supervisor of the approver is notified. If that supervisor does not respond and the timeout occurs again, then the next supervisor is notified, and so on. Once this list is exhausted if no response is entered the requisition is returned with a notification to the last approver and the submitter of the requisition that No Approver Found has occurred.
1) Using WF Builder, open the Requisition workflow
2) Explode the Processes menu
3) Open subprocess named *"Parallel Approval Subprocess"*
4) There is a notification that has a result for . This notification is called *"Approve Requisition Notification (Simplified)"*
5) Right click on this notification and in the Node tab enter the timeout values as desired and save
6) Save this back to the database from File > Save As (choose to save to database by entering connect string and username and password for APPS). Also be sure the Workflow Background Process is scheduled to run as this initiates the next workflow after the timeout occurs.
7) Retest with a new test case and see if the notifications timeout and the flow works as expected
Above approach has been implemented by our technical developer and he shared this info which may help you to address your escalation process. Hope this will help
Thanks for the reply. Oracle provided the same workaround on the SR we filed. Out technical resource followed the instructions but could not achieve the desired result.
The issue was that the AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL is not at all part of MAIN_REQAPPRV_PROCESS. We checked process by process but did not find AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL being used anywhere.
From your response, I could understand the workaround has worked for you. Can you guide me to achieve the desired result?
Thanks in advance..
As a good practise you should mention the Oracle Apps version (11i/R12) you are using in your forum questions :). Please send me your mail id if possible, we don't mind to share the screenshot of the WF node setup.
You need to login in apps, display name : requisition and use internal name : REQAPPRV to configure the Time-Out
You can also follow the steps which is correctly mentioned by Mr. RK
Hi Dash - - thanks for the files.
The screen shots refer to the steps you had provided earlier in this thread. And as mentioned by me, the AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL is not at all part of MAIN_REQAPPRV_PROCESS. We checked process by process but did not find AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL being used anywhere.
In the Path provided by RK, Approval Routing Chooser --> Approval List Routing Using AME --> Notify Approver (Simplified in AME) --> Approve Requisition Notification(Simplified), I do not find 'Notify Approver (Simplified in AME) '
This is found only in the path 'Approval Routing Choose-->Approval List Routing-->Approver Chooser-->Notify Approver' but this is not the path taken for AME.
I have sent the .wft file to Dash by email.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance