1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 4:42 AM by Joan Puig RSS

cube population

saranya.a
      My relational table initially had data from 02-aug-2012 to 16-aug-2012.So in awm,i gave maintain and the cube got populated with that datas. then i truncated the datas (02-aug-2012 to 16-aug-2012) from my relational table and populated relational table with next set of data from 17-aug-2012 to 30-sep-2012. now when i gave maintain cube and viewed it, i should be able to see all the datas from 02-aug to 30-sep.(since i have used load and aggregate script). but the issue am facing is as below:

A part of datas from 02-aug-2012 is displaying under 17-aug-2012 and 18-sep, and part of datas from 28-aug gets displayed under 18 sep. i cant understand why is this happening?? can anyone pls help???????

i have the below hierarchy in my time dimension: year->quarter->month->week->day->hour->min->sec
        • 1. Re: cube population
          Joan Puig
          Hi,

I'm not an expert in OLAP, but I've had some problems in the past with time dimensions that have levels lower than Day.

At first glance I have two hypotheses about what's causing the problem:

1.- First/Last week of every month usually has days in both months, so (if you're not using a 4-4-5 calendar) weeks, days and below do not have a single "parent" month, which is required for Time Series Analysis.

2.- The Time dimension table from which you loaded data into the dimension has incorrect values. Check especially the END_DATE and TIME_SPAN columns.

I hope it helps.

Joan

P.S.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-4-5_calendar