This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 2:48 AM by JohnMackanzi RSS

HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST

JohnMackanzi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
GREETINGS,

I M USING APEX 4.1 AND CREATED SELECT LIST ON PAGE, I WANT TO SHOW MIN VALUE OF THE SELECT LIST FOR THAT I WROTE IN THAT SELECT LIST PROPERTIEC UNDER DEFAULT TAG MIN; AND CHOOSE PL/SQL EXPRESSION BUT ITS GIVING ERROR "Error computing item default value for page item P1_PRODUCT."

BUT IF I HARCORE THE VALUE CONTANING IN MY DATA LIKE PRODUCT ID = 1, I HARDCODED IN DEFAULT VALUE 1 AND SELECT PL/SQL EXPRESSION IT WORKS.

BUT ITS NOT DONE LIKE THIS I WANT TO SELECT BY DEFAULT MIN VALUE OF THE SELECT LIST, SO THAT THE DATA SHOULD BE DISPLAYED ACCORDING TO THAT.

THE EXACT REQUIREMNT IS TO ENTER THE SELECT LIST DEFULAT VALUE IN SESSION SO THAT DATA IS TO BE DISPLAYED
  • 1. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    782187 Newbie
    Hi,

it is possible create example application on apex.oracle.com and send credentials to the workspace?

Kias
  • 2. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    JohnMackanzi Newbie
    http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=45296:1:0:::::

workspace : SIRAF
    USERNAME: SIRAF2009@HOTMAIL.COM
    PASSWORD: 123456

please see link as there is a select list
    and a query based on that select list.when you click on the url u see no data found. until u press submit button, i want data should be shown of first value of the select list on page load.
  • 3. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    782187 Newbie
    Hi,

you have some options:

1) you can try setting default value of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT item, I was do it
    2) or you can try send the value of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT value in URL, like this:

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=45296:1:0::::P1_SELECT_PRODUCT:4

3) or you can set the session state of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT item on page 101 (login page) by seting this value in Login process on page 101

Kias
  • 4. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    JohnMackanzi Newbie
    Hi,

you have some options:

1) you can try setting default value of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT item, I was do it
    2) or you can try send the value of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT value in URL, like this:

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=45296:1:0::::P1_SELECT_PRODUCT:4

3) or you can set the session state of P1_SELECT_PRODUCT item on page 101 (login page) by seting this value in Login process on page 101

HELLO kIAS !

SETTING DEAFULT VALUE VALUE OF P1_SELECT_PRODUCT_ITEM IS NOT A SOLUTION ON THIS MATTER, BECASUE P1_SELECT_PRODUCT IS CALLED DYNAMICALY AFTER THE LOGIN DEPEND UPON THE RIGHTS OF THE USER THE SELECT IS POPULATED ID USER IS E.G ABC AND IT DOESBNOT CONTAIN SELECT LIST VALUE 4 THEN IT DISPLAY NOTHING.

AND THIRD POINT MAY BE HELP ME BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO SET SESION STATE BECASUE WHEN I GO TO LOGIN PAGE AND CREATE SESSION STATE PROCESS FOLLOWING RADIO BUTTOPN APPEARS
    Clear Cache For Applications (removes all session state for listed applications)
    Clear Cache For Current Application (removes all session state for current application)
    Clear Cache For Current Session (removes all state for current session)
    Clear Cache for Items (ITEM,ITEM,ITEM)
    Clear Cache for all Items on Pages (PageID,PageID,PageID)
    Reset Preferences (remove all preferences for current user)
    Set Preference to value of Item (PreferenceName:ITEM)
    Set Preference to value of Item if item is not null (PreferenceName:ITEM)

WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SELECT ?
  • 5. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    782187 Newbie
    Try this in login process on page 101

apex_util.set_session_state(p_name => 'P1_SELECT_PRODUCT', p_value => 4);

With regards.

Kias
  • 6. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    Joel_C Pro
    Omzz wrote:
    GREETINGS,
    Hello, Please turn off the Caps Lock on your keyboard. WHEN YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS IT MAKES IT HARDER TO READ AND MAKES PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE SHOUTING!

* cough *

ahem. Anyway I'd like to draw your attention to this:
    Handle: Omzz
    Total Posts: 159
    Total Questions: 54 (46 unresolved)
    >

You have 46 out of 54 unresolved questions on this forum - that implies that either you aren't getting the answers you need, the questions are not relevant (in which case, why ask?), or (more likely) assistance was provided but you have yet to acknowledge it. Could you please review your outstanding questions to see if they can be closed off? You might find people are less likely to help you if you have a track record of not acknowledging assistance provided (in the form of answer points).
  • 7. Re: HOW TO SELECT MIN VALUE UNDER DEFAULT TAG OF SELECT LIST
    JohnMackanzi Newbie
    Try this in login process on page 101

apex_util.set_session_state(p_name => 'P1_SELECT_PRODUCT', p_value => 4);

Hi kias,

Sorry for the late response, i tried this on login process and it works but my actual requiremnt was remains there, i dont want to hardcore the value, i want minimum value to display, because if i hardcore 4 then if some one doesnot have 4 value , it doesnot displyed anything.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points