i'm working on Windows2003-Server and installed oracle full client to connect to an Oracle-DB 11g on Unix.
I can connect using SQL-Plus but not with Oracle Ole DB. The programs i use, are C#-Programs with NET-Version 2.0.
The connection string i use in the program is "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Persist Security Info=False;Password=xxx;User ID=XXX; DataSource=vgdb;Extended Properties=".
I tried several connection strings, but i always get the error ORA-12560.
This connection-string works already on other machine. But here its a fully installation of oracle database 10g on windows and i can also connect from here to Oracle-DB 11g on Unix.
Configuration of sqlnet.ora:
I also installed the ODAC 10g Tools. TNS_PING works, but i get still the error.
But i received a log:
Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
Time: 09-OKT-2012 13:47:38
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
ns main err code: 12560
TNS-12560: TNS: Protokolladapterfehler
ns secondary err code: 0
nt main err code: 530
nt secondary err code: 126
nt OS err code: 0
USER=taf9vn is my windows user name. It should use my connection string. Something is completely wrong.
Is collective error that results from different problems in connection with connected log that is used.
The error connection issued are:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination
ORA-12547: TNS: lost contact
ORA-12540: TNS: internal limit restriction exceeded
ORA-12541: TNS: no listener
ORA-12535: TNS: operation timed out
ORA-12500: TNS: listener failed to start a dedicated server process
1. Starting client tools (svrmgrl, sqlplus, sapdba, and so on) using a terminal server
2. Service OraclesService<SID> does not run
3. Incorrect or missing entry for ORACLE_SID in environment or Registry
4. Characters that are not alphanumeric in the system ID <SID>
5. Missing Directory Authorization
6. Error when creating the Database at new Installation
7. Resource Problems
8. ORACLE Software incorrectly
9. Reboot Required
10. Incorrect ORACLE version installed
Solution (Step by Step)
1. Set Environment variable
- Start My Computer Properties Advanced Environment Variables
- Fill LOCAL = <SID>
2. Start ORACLE Services (OracleService<SID>) if not Started
- If the Services does not exist, create with “ORADIM(XX) –new –SID <SID>”
3. Check Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Go to SOFTWARE ORACLE
- Set “ORACLE_SID = <Oracle SID>”
4. Activate ORACLE trace
- GO to $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin
- Copy *.dat *.dat.OLD
- Delete the original *.dat files
5. Listener.ora and tnsname.ora must be set to the same HOST and PORT
- HOST = Server Name /IP Address
- PORT = Default by Installer
- For Listener.ora, set ORACLE_HOME = <oracle home directory>