4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 2:19 PM by FlyingGuy RSS

SQl Developer Where are Map View queries stored

FlyingGuy
      SQL Developer Latest Version, Linux 86_64, Oracle EE Latest Version.

I have looked through a lot of docs, schema and files but cannot for the life of me figure out where these are being stored. Little help
        • 1. Re: SQl Developer Where are Map View queries stored
          Brian Maher
          These are stored in an encoded file. Do you have any enhancement request with respect to accessing of these externally?
          • 2. Re: SQl Developer Where are Map View queries stored
            FlyingGuy
            Hey there,

Oh yes indeed. I work at a University and am introducing students to Oracle Spatial. The ability to be able to give the students, typically graduate students, a basic package of predefined map queries would be very helpful. Unless the file contains other information it would be nice to know just what file it is and that could simply be handed off with an instruction telling them where to drop the file.

Also the way the select list is handled when editing / running those queries is a bit quirky.

I don;t know if you saw my other post re: "Point data Display Size" ? I cannot seem to find a way to alter the size of a point when displayed and it really seems to bit kinda weird and mostly seems linked to the number of points being displayed. The work we do is purely road networks so we have lots of 'Links and Nodes" that we display ( like the complete Highway Network the SF Bay Area down to the street level at times ) and so displaying the Nodes as point data and the links as line strings between points is critical so the ability to size the elements for display is as well.

Thanks for the reply!
            • 3. Re: SQl Developer Where are Map View queries stored
              Brian Maher
              These entries are not editable as it is a binary file.
              However I will raise two enhancement requests
              1) the ability to alter the size of a point displayed in the map view
              2) the ability to import/export map queries to and from text files
              • 4. Re: SQl Developer Where are Map View queries stored
                FlyingGuy
                Hey Brian,

Thanks and I really appreciate it. In the meantime what is the file name? And... Would it work to just creates some generic stuff, and drop it into the appropriate directory for now ( I have 14 new grad students dropping in )?