2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 7:59 AM by 966679 RSS

passing values from Form Items To URL

Hi All , please i need help in the following :
      if i have Button redirect to external url where that the URL is as follows

https://www.m-greetings.com/api/balance.xml?username=test&password=XXXXX

i need to pass the value which is contained in the form item called P5_username to the previous URL ? IS this Valid In Oracle Application Express or not ?? and if the answer is Yes, how we can do it ??

Thanks a lot

Edited by: 963676 on Oct 7, 2012 8:14 AM
        • 1. Re: passing values from Form Items To URL
          Alistair Laing
          Do you need it in that exact order i.e Key=value?

Its not a good idea passing login details as part of the url as it makes it easy for a hacker to listen in and then they have access using the username and password.

I suggest you use a POST method which is safer because the values are passing along as part of the header and not in the url. It also encryptes it so it makes it harder for someone to earsdrop in.
          • 2. Re: passing values from Form Items To URL
            Many thanks for your response , but actually all what i need to know the method to send the parameters to the URL.
            All what am caring about is the method .I tried the Post method but i don`t think it is reach me to the desired goal ..
            So if you please if you know the way for passing the values to URL i will be very thankful

Thanks a lot

Edited by: 963676 on Oct 11, 2012 5:58 AM