This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 2:13 PM by fac586 RSS

Coloring Cells in Apex 4.2

wjmena Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to figure out how to change the cell background color in an Apex report. I've tried following instructions that I've found on here and on the net with no luck. I'm wondering if maybe the instructions are not valid for 4.2.
Anyway, has anyone had any lock with setting a cell background-color in Apex 4.2 based on value?

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Coloring Cells in Apex 4.2
    fac586 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    >

Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "user12612539".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.

Your question does not provide enough detail to permit a rapid and accurate response.
    I'm trying to figure out how to change the cell background color in an Apex report.
    What kind of report?
    I've tried following instructions that I've found on here and on the net with no luck.
    Where here (see the FAQ for how to link to previous threads)? Where on the net? What do you mean by "no luck"? What happens when you follow these instructions?

Please consider providing an example showing how far you have got with this on apex.oracle.com.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points