2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 10:56 AM by rp0428 RSS

Need java 1.6.0_4 for SQL developer 3.2 64bit, Win 7

AnkitV
      Hi All

I Need java 1.6.0_4 for SQL developer 3.2 64bit, Win 7.

SQL developer behaves weirdly sometimes. It frequently drops connection, doesn;t show compile button when i open a procedure and certain other things.... I found ver 3.0 quiet stable.

I think it may be because of my incorrect java version (1.6.0). Please tell me how can I get this Java version 1.6.0_4. I checked oracle.com, version 35 is available there....

Can you please help me by providing this ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Need java 1.6.0_4 for SQL developer 3.2 64bit, Win 7
          Jim Smith
          Why do you think you need 1.6.0_4? 32-bit SQL Developer 3.2 ships with 1.6.0_11 and the supported versions are anything up to the latest 1.6.
          See the Release Notes

Download and use 1.6.0_35.
          • 2. Re: Need java 1.6.0_4 for SQL developer 3.2 64bit, Win 7
            rp0428
            >
            I Need java 1.6.0_4 for SQL developer 3.2 64bit, Win 7.

I think it may be because of my incorrect java version (1.6.0). Please tell me how can I get this Java version 1.6.0_4.

Can you please help me by providing this ?
            >
            No - we can't provide it. You have to download it yourself. If you have trouble with the download you should report the problem to Oracle.
            >
            I checked oracle.com, version 35 is available there....
            >
            If you checked at the Java SE Downloads page
            http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Then you should have seen the 'Previous Releases' link jus above the download Icons near the top of the page.
            http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u1-oth-JPR

All of the available prior versions are available at that link.

But I strongly suggest you heed the advice given to use the latest 1.6 version of Java available unless you have a very good reason not to.