This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 8:17 AM by Jeff Smith SQLDev PM RSS

How would I connect to DB2 thru sqldeveloper version 3.1?

966484 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello:

has anyone successfully connected to DB2 thru sqldeveloper version 3.1?....I have downloaded the IBM DB2client: the db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar files and am able to successfully connect to DB2 via an ODBC connection (thru the windows-control-panel)....however when I try to connect thru sqldeveloper, I get the following error:

"Status : Failure -Test failed: The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to z/OS databases. To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application classpath. Connectivity to z/OS databases is enabled by any of the following license files: { db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar }"

what is puzzling is that ODBC connection thru the contro-panel, admin tools-data sources(ODBC),file-dsn works fine and no licensing issue with the DB2client downloaded and installed (i.e. db2jcc.jar).....any solutions will be appreciated....