4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 10:12 AM by 901647 RSS

Heap space changes - quick question

Hi

Where in JDev and what file could we modify the heap space of the JVM when running JDeveloper ?
      How do we find out how much memory we need for our app ?
      We added some 130 jar files as our external jars to include into our ADF as a library.
      We set our web app to 2 GB of memory and JDev still keeps dying with heap space running out.

Thanks

Edited by: 898644 on Oct 8, 2012 10:00 PM

Edited by: 898644 on Oct 8, 2012 10:01 PM
        • 1. Re: Heap space changes - quick question
          Timo Hahn
          check out http://bexhuff.com/2012/09/jdeveloper-memory-and-performance

Timo
          • 2. Re: Heap space changes - quick question
            Hi Timo

I tried your steps and it still doesnt work with same complain of OutOfMemoryError even when I set
            ide.conf values to 1024M
            jdev.conf values -Xmx and MaxPermSize to 1024M and the other options related to Strings were also set.

How do I learn to read the dump file ?

This is happening after I added a large number of jar files to ADF library to my model project.

Any workarounds ?
            • 3. Re: Heap space changes - quick question
              Timo Hahn
              Well, you can try to load some of your jar onto the wls as shared library. Then you only need to reference the shared library name and you don't have to put the jars to your project.

Can you tell us why you need >100 jars in one project? Seams a lot to me.

Timo
              • 4. Re: Heap space changes - quick question
                Hi Timo

Thanks for your response;

"load some of your jar onto the wls as shared library. Then you only need to reference the shared library name and you don't have to put the jars to your project."

How do we do that in wls in JDev and standalone WLS situation ?
                What files do we modify ?
                How do we only reference the shared library by name only.

From what we researched, adding jars into JDev the only way to work to allow us to do development in JDev.

Thanks