This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 4:47 AM by RodWest RSS

EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP

APEX4EBS Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am running Apex 4.1.1 using EBS 12.1.3. THe EBS instance is a two tier system (web/application server on a different machine to the database). A glassfish server has been installed on the same server as EBS web server(same linux owner for both) and the Apex listner is running inside glassfish.

I am wanting to call a JSP(located on the web) server from Apex, to get a list of files from a given directory(on the web server) and display the files in the browser using using apex. In other word, a user click on a button/tab... it runs a JSP that returns a list of the files in a given directory and displays them in a tabular format within Apex.

Can this be done, if so how ?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    RodWest Guru
    Can this be done, if so how?
    It depends on what exactly the jsp does. If the jsp can be called as a web service then you can create a report on a web service from Apex. If the jsp displays the list of files in a web page then you can create Apex region that uses an iframe to show the jsp.

Alternatively, you may find it easy to call a java procedure from an Apex PL/sql process and write the directory listing into a Apex collection or temporary table so that it can be displayed in an Apex report region.

Rod West
  • 2. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    APEX4EBS Newbie
    Hi Rod,

Thanks for the response.

The pl/sql java stored procedure will be running on the database server, where I need to get a directory listing on the application server. These are different machines.

Is there another way to achieve this using Apex to call another process/program to get a directory listing from the the application server. Since Apex is a database (pl/sql) process which does not have access to the application/web server.

Mark
  • 3. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    Pete Mahon Explorer
    Hi Mark,

I am running EBS 11i and Apex 4.1.1 in RAC mode so am very familiar with the setup. If you are running on a *nix based machine, is it not possible to create a mount from the apps server to the database server? Our setup is such that we have 3 shared mount points and this request becomes trivial. Once the source is in, you can easily reference it using plsql.

Rather than focus on the JSP aspect and having to use a different programming method, why not use a java source in the database to list the files you need and forget JSP? That way you keep Apex processes within Apex and no branching is required. If this is not the solution you're after, then I'm not sure this is the correct forum to be asking the question in!

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards, Pete
  • 4. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    RodWest Guru
    Hi Mark,

You should be able to map the application server directory as a shared drive so that it is accessable from the database server. Then you can use java called from pl/sql to get a directory listing. This would be my preferred method for doing this.

Rod West
  • 5. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    Karthik_ponn Newbie
    Hi Pete,

I'm working on integrating EBS R12 and APEX 4.1.1, I had followed the Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express white paper. In the white paper its said that Create Authentication Scheme From scratch, but there is no option to create application scheme from the scratch,but the page showing like this

When you create a new authentication scheme, you have several options. Most let you reuse implementations that already exist in your application or in other applications within your workspace. There are even some pretested schemes you can copy to get you up and running immediately.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Create Scheme:     

Based on a pre-configured scheme from the gallery
    As a copy of an existing authentication scheme

You may create a new authentication scheme by making a copy of one in this application or in another application in your workspace. Then you can edit the new scheme, changing the name to what you prefer and changing any of the settings to meet your requirements.

Alternately, you may create a new authentication scheme from scratch by stepping through the wizard and specifying all of the parameters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can we create Authentication Scheme using the wizard but there is no option to create via wizard.

Kindly help me because i had no idea and stuck up at this point, is any document you have kindly share with me it would be grateful...

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • 6. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    RodWest Guru
    Hi,

You can create the authentication scheme by creating a scheme based on a pre-configured scheme in the gallery. Then select the custom scheme.

Rod West
  • 7. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    Karthik_ponn Newbie
    Hi Rod,

Thanks for the update, it works fine, now we are able to access the new apex application login page from the EBS homepage , but navigate to another responsibility from there its not working, Is there any other integration guide or document other the Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express. Kindly send me the link...

Thanks,
    Karthik
  • 8. Re: EBS R12.1.3 with Apex 4.1.1 Calling a JSP
    RodWest Guru
    Hi,

I am not sure exactly what is not working for you. You can look at this [url http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/apex-ebs-wp-cabot-consulting-169064.pdf]article for more ideas about integrating Apex into EBs.

Rod West

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points