This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 3:52 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation

712734 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I want to connect to an Oracle 8i enterprise edition database. I want to install Oracle client on a windows Vista machine.

Should I install any patch after the client installation? Can I connect to Oracle 8i DB using newer version of client software?

Please send the download link for Oracle 8i client to use from a windows machine.

Thanks
Ashok
  • 1. Re: Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation
    sb92075 Guru
    user8645289 wrote:
    Hi,

I want to connect to an Oracle 8i enterprise edition database. I want to install Oracle client on a windows Vista machine.

Should I install any patch after the client installation? Can I connect to Oracle 8i DB using newer version of client software?

Please send the download link for Oracle 8i client to use from a windows machine.
    V8 is obsoleted & unsupported.
    Only V11 software is supported & freely available.
    However V11 is NOT compatible with V8!
  • 2. Re: Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;

As mention here you are trying to desupported product. Please review:

Master Note For Oracle Database Client Installation [ID 1157463.1]
    Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions [ID 207303.1]
    How to Find and Install Database Client Patches and Patchsets in Windows [ID 857683.1]
    Master Note For Database and Client Certification [ID 1298096.1]

PS:Please dont forget to change thread status to answered if it possible when u belive your thread has been answered, it pretend to lose time of other forums user while they are searching open question which is not answered,thanks for understanding

Regard
    Helios

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points