2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 5:52 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation

Hi,

I want to connect to an Oracle 8i enterprise edition database. I want to install Oracle client on a windows Vista machine.

Should I install any patch after the client installation? Can I connect to Oracle 8i DB using newer version of client software?

Please send the download link for Oracle 8i client to use from a windows machine.

Thanks
      Ashok
        • 1. Re: Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation
          sb92075
          user8645289 wrote:
          Hi,

I want to connect to an Oracle 8i enterprise edition database. I want to install Oracle client on a windows Vista machine.

Should I install any patch after the client installation? Can I connect to Oracle 8i DB using newer version of client software?

Please send the download link for Oracle 8i client to use from a windows machine.
          V8 is obsoleted & unsupported.
          Only V11 software is supported & freely available.
          However V11 is NOT compatible with V8!
          • 2. Re: Oracle 8i enterprise edition - client installation
            Helios-GunesEROL
            Hi;

As mention here you are trying to desupported product. Please review:

Master Note For Oracle Database Client Installation [ID 1157463.1]
            Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions [ID 207303.1]
            How to Find and Install Database Client Patches and Patchsets in Windows [ID 857683.1]
            Master Note For Database and Client Certification [ID 1298096.1]

PS:Please dont forget to change thread status to answered if it possible when u belive your thread has been answered, it pretend to lose time of other forums user while they are searching open question which is not answered,thanks for understanding

Regard
            Helios