I'm building a new .sln file and it gave me an error in a file that referenced the following:
<Schema Namespace="Model.Store" Alias="Self" Provider="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" ProviderManifestToken="11.2" xmlns:store="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/12/edm/EntityStoreSchemaGenerator" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2009/02/edm/ssdl">
It seemed to be complaining that it could not fine the assembly associated with the provider. I installed the Oracle Data Provider installation package and rebuilt and it was working fine. What I wanted to know is where is this assembly. I cannot locate it on my laptop. I did see a reference regarding "Configuration File Support and Search Order for Unmanaged DLLs". It stated:
The Oracle.DataAccess.dll searches for dependent unmanaged DLLs (such as Oracle Client) based on the following order:
1. Directory of the application or executable.
2. DllPath setting specified by application config or web.config.
3. DllPath setting specified by machine.config.
4. DllPath setting specified by the Windows Registry.
5. Directories specified by the Windows PATH environment variable.
I did see where the installation package modified the machine..config file. Can somebody tell me how the reference tot eh "missing" assembly is resolved?