This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 12:13 PM by user9976634 RSS

Email destination mapping

SteveEd Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've configured an 'EMAIL' batch to use an SMTP server to email generated docs to recipients. However, I'm confused as to where I can find the 'DocumentRequest' element being used for the email address?
Clearly, there must be a mapping somewhere!?

Thanks,

Steve.
  • 1. Re: Email destination mapping
    Bryan Burr Newbie
    Hi Steve,
    Are you using Enterprise Edition? What version? If you are using enterprise edition you can look in the Enterprise Administration Guide (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17552_01/documaker_enterprise_ag.pdf)
    It has this to say about using email on page 14
    "Enterprise Edition lets you distribute document sets by email for a named user
    with specific contact information. The distribution process for email relies upon
    the presence of an email address in the ADR_EMAIL column of the RCPS table.
    This column is populated by addressee logic that applies address-specific
    information to an instance of a recipient identified in the MRL. If you want to
    use this functionality, apply an address map to a specific recipient within the
    MRL by updating the recipient within the Business Definition (BDF) file. You
    access the BDF file using Documaker Studio. For more information, see the
    Documaker Studio User Guide."
    -DA
  • 2. Re: Email destination mapping
    user9976634 Journeyer
    As the last reply suggest, the answer depends upon "what" is trying to generate the email and what documentation you are looking at. Factory has one requirement while regular GenPrint or Workstation Entry (PPS) have different options.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points