1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 2:57 PM by mybro62-Oracle RSS

MW - 2nd upgrade project configuration

user99472
      Hi. I am starting my 2nd MW upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12 using a different instance than I used for the 1st upgrade.

I am defining the 2nd customer and/or project and am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

The 2nd upgrade has a completely different ORACLE_HOME for the DB and completely different APPL_TOP for 11i and the R12 INIT_TOP will be different, too.

What is the best way to define this 2nd project?

I can see the following about the MW configuration:

1) The EOF_HOME is configured under the MW ORACLE_HOME as ORACLE_HOME/eof

2) The first project created directory "INSTANCE_1703" under the config, log and scripts directories (1703 is the INSTANCE_ID)

Is the idea that my 2nd project will create a new INSTANCE_NNNN directory and I can then use the same EOF_HOME?

Thanks, Chaz
        • 1. Re: MW - 2nd upgrade project configuration
          mybro62-Oracle
          1) The EOF_HOME is configured under the MW ORACLE_HOME as ORACLE_HOME/eof

You can use the same EOF home for many projects any many customers.

Unless this actually is a new customer and you are using the tool to manage multiple customers/projects, I would use the same customer and create a new project.

2) The first project created directory "INSTANCE_1703" under the config, log and scripts directories (1703 is the INSTANCE_ID)

Is the idea that my 2nd project will create a new INSTANCE_NNNN directory and I can then use the same EOF_HOME?

Second project will be INSTANCE_1704 - yes same EOF_HOME