This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 12:16 PM by matthew_morris RSS

regarding dumps

Rahul_India Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
I previously posted a thread asking for dumps.I thought of dumps as "set of practice questions" .I gt to know from replies that dumps are considered as cheats .I dont intend to cheat.
My intention was to ask for a set of practice questions (like the ones given on ORACLE website).So if anyone could tell how can i practice sample questions for oracle certification.I mean mock tests
  • 1. Re: regarding dumps
    Centinul Guru
    Oracle has certified vendors for practice tests. If I remember correctly they list them on the certification website.

ORACLE CERTIFICATION PRACTICE EXAMS
  • 2. Re: regarding dumps
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Centinul wrote:
    Oracle has certified vendors for practice tests. If I remember correctly they list them on the certification website.

ORACLE CERTIFICATION PRACTICE EXAMS
    k.Yes i saw them but they are too costly.

I was not well aware of oracle certifications until i started working on it.In my college days lot of students were preparing for OCA exams,they used to use dumps.I thought they were legal to use .That why i asked them .
  • 3. Re: regarding dumps
    matthew_morris Expert
    Practice tests are hard to write, and even harder to make sufficiently similar to the test without making them as bad as braindumps. The questions and answers must be 'like' the real exam without actually giving away the real exam questions and answers. That's a thin line to tread. I believe that Kaplan has links with Oracle Education to get the information that allows them to do this. There is no doubt that they charge a good bit for their tests -- particularly the Transcender version. The Self Test Software practice tests are also by Kaplan, but somewhat cheaper and contains a bit less material. There are other threads that discuss the specific differences between the two.

However, I don't recommend self-tests as a primary source of studying in any event. They are something that you might use toward the end of your preparation to see if you are ready for the test, but it is not a good way to absorb the material. There are several books on Amazon.com for the 1Z0-051 test. The Oracle documentation is also freely available. You can use the Oracle documentation along with the test topics supplied by Oracle Education to study for the exam without paying any money at all. There are also articles on the Oracle Learning Library and various Oracle sites on the Web that can help you to prepare for free.

I've recently created a web site to assist in finding resources to study for Oracle certification exams. For each exam it provides links to relevant Oracle documentation for that exam, links to third-party manuals, links to any Oracle Learning Library documents that might be useful, and any articles on the Web that I've located that have information relevant to the exam. The site will not link to any braindump content -- ever. I don't have huge amounts of material for all of the tests yet, but 1Z0-051 is reasonably well represented.

At this time I'm waiting for the domain to propagate through the Domain Name Servers before announcing it. I'll update this thread once it becomes available.
  • 4. Re: regarding dumps
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    matthew_morris wrote:
    Practice tests are hard to write, and even harder to make sufficiently similar to the test without making them as bad as braindumps. The questions and answers must be 'like' the real exam without actually giving away the real exam questions and answers. That's a thin line to tread. I believe that Kaplan has links with Oracle Education to get the information that allows them to do this. There is no doubt that they charge a good bit for their tests -- particularly the Transcender version. The Self Test Software practice tests are also by Kaplan, but somewhat cheaper and contains a bit less material. There are other threads that discuss the specific differences between the two.

However, I don't recommend self-tests as a primary source of studying in any event. They are something that you might use toward the end of your preparation to see if you are ready for the test, but it is not a good way to absorb the material. There are several books on Amazon.com for the 1Z0-051 test. The Oracle documentation is also freely available. You can use the Oracle documentation along with the test topics supplied by Oracle Education to study for the exam without paying any money at all. There are also articles on the Oracle Learning Library and various Oracle sites on the Web that can help you to prepare for free.

I've recently created a web site to assist in finding resources to study for Oracle certification exams. For each exam it provides links to relevant Oracle documentation for that exam, links to third-party manuals, links to any Oracle Learning Library documents that might be useful, and any articles on the Web that I've located that have information relevant to the exam. The site will not link to any braindump content -- ever. I don't have huge amounts of material for all of the tests yet, but 1Z0-051 is reasonably well represented.

At this time I'm waiting for the domain to propagate through the Domain Name Servers before announcing it. I'll update this thread once it becomes available.
    ok
    thanks for your valuable input.
    is this a good book OCA Oracle Database 11G: SQL Fundamentals Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-051)
  • 5. Re: regarding dumps
    matthew_morris Expert
    is this a good book OCA Oracle Database 11G: SQL Fundamentals Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-051)
    I have not read that book. Read the reviews on Amazon. The SQL Fundamentals exam isn't one of the more complicated tests. I wrote an article that talks a bit about studying for the exam.

http://ezinearticles.com/7145542
  • 6. Re: regarding dumps
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Ok
    Should i write the exam .
    I I have just started my career (10 months old).Are certifications taken seriously by recruiters ?
    The work i am doing mainly as of now is SYBASE to ORACLE migration.

I read your article and got the answer for my first question

Edited by: Rahul_India on Oct 10, 2012 6:15 PM
  • 7. Re: regarding dumps
    Philippe Ludwig Newbie
    What's the link of your web site to assist in finding resources to study for Oracle certification exams?

There are a lot of guys named Matthew Morris on the web. So Google didn't help me
  • 8. Re: regarding dumps
    matthew_morris Expert
    I have just started my career (10 months old).Are certifications taken seriously by recruiters ?
    The only answers you'll get to this question are opinions -- never facts. In my experience they have a positive effect on getting you in the door to an interview and in getting you hired. Certifications don't guarantee you will be hired. They can't make up for you blowing the interview. They can't make up for another candidate for the position being more qualified than you. They simply provide an edge. If you don't have a certification and one of the other candidates for a position does... then he has the edge. :)

Two more of my articles might be appropriate here... :)

Will Obtaining an Oracle Certification Be Valuable to My Career?
    http://ezinearticles.com/7204261

I Just Got an Oracle Certification - How Can I Get Hired As a DBA?
    http://ezinearticles.com/7057698
  • 9. Re: regarding dumps
    matthew_morris Expert
    What's the link of your web site to assist in finding resources to study for Oracle certification exams?
    The domain finally made it through the DNS servers, but I'm working with the hosting service to get a URL rewrite in place. The website is built with Application Express and I hate the extraneous portion of the URL after the domain. That said, I'll post the current URL here and edit this post once the rewrite is in place:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/

Go to the 'Exams' page and click the exam number (i.e. 1Z0-051) to pull up the resources page for that exam. It's early days on the site (obviously). I'll be adding a great deal of links over the next few weeks.

Edited by: matthew_morris on Oct 10, 2012 3:15 PM. Altered the URL.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points