3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 1:45 PM by Cjx-Oracle RSS

EPM Workspace EPM Inside Frame error- Please help ASAP!!

Can someone please help me resolve below error with EPM-

I've created resports in web analysis studio and am emailing smartcut URL to about 200 users. 3 of the users are getting below error-

"EPM Workspace cannot function inside of a frame"
      pop ups are allowed; java is up to date; hyperion 11.1.2.1.102

any tips?
        • 1. Re: EPM Workspace EPM Inside Frame error- Please help ASAP!!
          Gunasekaran Rayar-Oracle
          Hi ,

Please refer When Opening an FR or WA Report Embeded Through Smartcut URL In A Planning Task List Results in Error: "EPM Workspace cannot function inside of a frame. Contact your system administrator." (Doc ID 1314405.1) to see if that helps !

Regards,
          Gunasekaran rayar
          • 2. Re: EPM Workspace EPM Inside Frame error- Please help ASAP!!
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Where do i find the doc id you mentioned?
            • 3. Re: EPM Workspace EPM Inside Frame error- Please help ASAP!!
              Cjx-Oracle
              Hi,

The document can be found in support.oracle.com

I had pasted the contents though, which might be helpful

After embedding a Financial Reporting (FR) report or Web Analysis (WA) report to a Planning Task List using the Smartcut url in the Planning, and then try to open the report through Task list in Workspace, you will get the following error:

"EPM Workspace cannot function inside of a frame. Contact your system administrator."

Cause
              This issue is caused by unpublished BUG 11854015 "ERROR OPENING PLANNING TASK LIST REPORT WITH "WITHNAV_GET"
              Solution
              Until a service fix is released to address this issue, the following workaround currently exists to resolve this issue:

1. Use the below URL while specifying in the Smart Cut, http://server.example.com:19000/workspace/WorkspaceLaunch.jsp?uri=index.jsp%3fmodule%3dwksp.relatedcontent%26repository_path%3d%2Fmyfolder-name-here%2Fmy-report-name-here

2. Replace myfolder-name-here with the name of the folder and my-report-name-here with the name of the report. The URL must be encoded.

3. You must use %2F where you would use a slash in the repository path. You might also need to encode the report name due to the double-byte characters in the report name. The encoding for % is %25. So, if the character %8a appears in the SmartCut URL for the report, then the encoding for the URL above would be encoded %258a.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,
              Charles Babu J