8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 6:28 PM by user8697149 RSS

External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page

user10086952

• 1. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
          Marcus Tavares
          Are you talking about the Candidate Gateway? Do you mean they should be seeing the Candidate Gateway without being asked for a Peoplesoft username and password?
          Please be more clear.
          • 2. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
            user10086952
            Sorry. I did put in the details, but now they're gone. Anyway...

In Candidate Gateway, when an external applicant logs in (to see/apply on jobs), if they leave their window open without any activity for a period of time (20 mins set in the Web Profile), then they click on a link, it takes them to a PeopleSoft signon page (the kind that internal users get).

Of course, these external users don't know what to do, nor do they have an account to login this way.

Oracle suggested that we extend the timeout period, but that does not really correct the behaviour. Also, this could put extra strain on our system (leaving open sessions that are not being used).

Another suggestion that Oracle had was to modify the "expire.html" page, to take user back to the start page (instead of signon page).
            But they won't say exactly how to do this and I don't know how.

Any suggestions?
            • 3. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
              Marcus Tavares
              I suppose then that you already have a different site and web profile for the candidate gateway.
              Regarding the solutions, the ideal one is that you change the expire.html like suggested.
              [See how here.|http://www.oracle.com/pls/psft/to_URL?remark=ranked&urlname=http:%2F%2Fdocs.oracle.com%2Fcd%2FE12341_01%2Fcrm9pbr0_run2%2Feng%2Fpsbooks%2F..%2F..%2F..%2F..%2FE28394_01%2Fpt852pbh1%2Feng%2Fpsbooks%2Ftprt%2Fbook.htm?File=tprt%2Fhtm%2Ftprt12.htm%23H4038]
              • 4. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
                user10086952
                I looked into the link you provided, but was unable to find where they customize the expire.html
                Can you provide the information?
                • 5. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
                  John van der Kooij
                  I'm guessing you looked into setting Public Access?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28394_01/pt852pbh1/eng/psbooks/tprt/htm/tprt12.htm#222a1698_1355ab72a65__5323
                  • 6. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
                    user10086952
                    Yes. We have Public Access enabled here.
                    I know the PeopleBooks says: "Public users also are not forwarded to the sign in page after any period of inactivity."
                    But this is not the case. When a user stays on the site with no activity, the next time they click on a link or button, it takes them to a login page.
                    Oracle says this is because of the expire.html page. They say to customize this page, but don't say how. And I have no idea how or what to change.
                    Ideally, I would like it to take them back to the main Applicant signin page instead of a login page.
                    eg. http://.../EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1&
                    • 7. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
                      user8697149
                      I have having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

I changed the expire.html document, but it didn't work. I don't believe it is used for the public user (External Recruitment user). I believe it is only used when an authenticated user hits the "Inactivity Logout" as configured in the web profile. The "Inactivity Logout" parameter does not exist for public users. I think the public users are hitting the HTTP Session Inactivity timeout.
                      • 8. Re: External Recruitment users getting a PeopleSoft login page
                        user8697149
                        I found a solution in another forum, see below. Public users are not setup for the "inactivity" timeout and warning like authenticated users are. Instead, they hit the HTTP session timeout and are directed to the logout page when they click something on the page after the timeout. Therefore, the logout page, rather than the expire page, must be changed on the web profile.

E-PORTAL: How to Redirect to Different Site at Signout [ID 650875.1]

ISSUE:
                        We want to redirect to a different Site at signout of the PeopleSoft system. For example, we have configured a lost password site, /psc/lostpswd, and when users are finished reconfiguring their password, we want them to get to the main site registry, not get the signon for the /lostpswd site.

SOLUTION:
                        On the site which you wish to have redirect to another site:
                        Step 1: Find and copy signon.html in the portal root to signout.html in the site webdoc folder. Example paths:
                        Copy D:\psoft\portal89\webserv\portal89\applications\pe oplesoft\PORTAL\portal89\signon.html to
                        D:\psoft\portal89\webserv\portal89\application s\pe oplesoft\PORTAL\WEB-INF\psftdocs\portal89\signout.html

Step 2: Edit the new signout.html file to adjust the URL of the redirect.
                        Alter the html to include the proper redirect and include an extra 3 ../ to traverse up three more directory if the two sites are hosted on the same machine:
                        <meta HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='1; URL=../../../../psp/PS/?cmd=login'>

If the site is on another server, or if it's a non-PeopleSoft URL, just change the redirect target:
                        <meta HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='1; URL=http://servername:port/psp/PS/?cmd=login'& gt;; or
                        <meta HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='1; URL=http://servername:port/'>, etc.

Step 3: Modify the Webprofile's Look and Feel tab to change the Logout Page value. The new value should be signout.html instead of the delivered signin.html. (You can similarly use this resolution to modify the .wml file if that is in use).

Step 4: Bounce the Webserver and clear the browser cache.

Edited by: user8697149 on Jun 6, 2013 4:23 PM