This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 2:50 PM by Dude! RSS

Oracle linux server install problem

967831 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello when i try install oracle linux server 6.3 for i have got error :

---------------------
Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to missing repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated. Cannot retrieve repository metaata (repomd.xml) for repository anaconda-OracleLinuxServer-201206261930.x83_64.Please verify its path and try again
--------------------
I am angry because all oracle product have got install bug :/ i try install oracle database into ubuntu and its so complicated. Please tell me why its so complicated to install oracle software why it isnt easy such like install windows ???

You need to create your product to easy install i spend 1 hour to try install and i ma fuc$%^ng angry ....
  • 1. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    Avi Miller Guru
    964828 wrote:
    ---------------------
    Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to missing repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated. Cannot retrieve repository metaata (repomd.xml) for repository anaconda-OracleLinuxServer-201206261930.x83_64.Please verify its path and try again
    --------------------
    Are you using the full DVD installation image, or the boot ISO? The boot ISO doesn't contain any packages and requires a network install source. You need to use the full installation DVD.
    I am angry because all oracle product have got install bug :/ i try install oracle database into ubuntu and its so complicated. Please tell me why its so complicated to install oracle software why it isnt easy such like install windows ???
    Oracle Database isn't supported on Ubuntu. It's very, very easy to install Oracle Database on Oracle Linux (and almost as easy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS), Solaris and Windows, i.e. the supported operating systems for Oracle Database.
  • 2. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    967831 Newbie
    i just download :

-----------
         Oracle Linux Release 6 Update 3 Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit)      6.3.0.0.0      B69242-02      SEP-19-2012      5 /
    8.7G
    -------------

and next :
    -----------
    Oracle Linux Release 6 Update 3 for x86_64 (64 Bit)      V33411-01      3.5G
    ----------
    my computer:
    intel core i7
    8 giga ram
    x64 processor

i try install linux with this dvd without internet connection on virtualbox
    i just add this iso in virtual box

my dvd have got 3,5 giga so i think that this is full dvd ?/

Edited by: 964828 on 2012-10-11 13:24
  • 3. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    Avi Miller Guru
    964828 wrote:
    my dvd have got 3,5 giga so i think that this is full dvd ?/
    Yup, that's it. Have you run the Media Check as part of the install?
  • 4. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    967831 Newbie
    yeap
    and i have got error but why :
    Checking oracle linux the image which was just tested has errors. This could be due to corrupt download or a bad disc. if applicable please clean the disc and try again blah blah blah

but i create empty disc with 32 giga free space, i have got graphics card nvidia geforce 6300 and i am allocated 64 mega for graphics card into virtual box settings so ??? any idea

ps. i am create disc into virtual box ( create fixed medium storage unit )

Edited by: 964828 on 2012-10-11 13:44
  • 5. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    Avi Miller Guru
    964828 wrote:
    and i have got error but why :
    You need to compare the MD5/SHA digests of the ISO you downloaded with the ones on the website. The download may be damaged.

Edited by: Avi Miller on Oct 12, 2012 7:50 AM
  • 6. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    967831 Newbie
    Ooo...
    my md5 don't match :/

Edited by: 964828 on 2012-10-11 14:02
  • 7. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    Avi Miller Guru
    964828 wrote:
    my md5 dont mutch :/
    That would be the problem then. :)
  • 8. Re: Oracle linux server install problem
    Dude! Guru
    Cannot retrieve repository metaata (repomd.xml) for repository anaconda-OracleLinuxServer-201206261930.x83_64.Please verify its path and try again
    Are you using the Boot CD? And if yes, why? All you need is to start the system using the standard binary distribution DVD (V33411-01)

There was a long delay for my post to appear. Perhaps there are some technical problems?
    Linux, Oracle and Windows have different history and often customers with different expectation, but certainly different skill sets.

If you want to try Oracle in VirtualBox and do not have the necessary experience to setup the system, how about the pre-build images:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer-vm/index.html

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points