This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 10:35 AM by 834498 RSS

OLT-Correlation

user13062020 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

How can i determine the fields need to be correlated?is there any scan option to find out the correlation fields?Can i use auto correlation everytime?

Thanks,
Sandeep.
  • 1. Re: OLT-Correlation
    834498 Journeyer
    Hello Sandeep
    Unfortunately, "auto-correlation" (which means applying all the predefined correlation rules) cannot solve all the correlation problems in applications as far as Oracle doens't know all the applications.

And unfortunately, correlation is really key in building load test scripts and could be tricky sometimes without proper experience / training.

I've already posted some links to training materials (video, course on Oracle Learning and so on) you could maybe review.
    I have also a set of word documents describing how to solve correlation issues in scripts.

Basically, the technique is : run twice and compare what has changed (use compare feature in report) and then create a variable to get the dynamic content from server response and replace the static value by the newly variable in client request.

JB
  • 2. Re: OLT-Correlation
    user13062020 Newbie
    Hello JB,

Thanks.

So for EBS load testing,we can use auto correlation as it's Oracle's own application,right?
    If you don't mind can you share the correlation documents that you've with me in my email.

Sandeep.
  • 3. Re: OLT-Correlation
    834498 Journeyer
    Even for our application you sometimes need to correlate..
    File here:
    https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhWQndBTXZIcWVGa2RVag

JB

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points