This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 8:04 AM by Kristen G RSS

Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio

967708 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am unable to connect to the Endeca workbench after doing setting in the Developers Studio under Tools -> Workbench Settings.
I have configured host name and the port but application drop down is coming "No application provisioned".Developers Studio is installed in Windows machine and Workbench is installed in Linux machine.
Please let me know any inputs.

Many Thanks !!
Mallikarjun
  • 1. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    This is not due to different OS. Please check that you workbench is running
    http://<workbench_host_name>:<workbench_port>/login

Also make sure that you done the application setup correctly. Are you able to see that application in drop down provided on Workbench login page?
    If not run initialize_services.sh followed by baseline update (required if you want to fetch or get the settings from Workbench, for testing purpose).

HTH

--Pravin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 2. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    953835 Newbie
    "ps -ef | grep <user-running-workbench>"
    "netstat -na | grep <port-workbench-is-suppose-to-be-listening-on>"
  • 3. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    shabari Newbie
    Hi,

Even I am facing the similar problem.

Steps Followed:
    1) Created an endeca app in Linux using the DeploymentTemplatePCI reference application
    2) Have run the initialize services.sh to provision the app to EAC and create Record Store Instances
    3) Performed the baseline update from ATG
    4) Created the pages in Experience Manager and am able to render the pages in ATG application running in windows.

Now I copied the whole app from Linux box to windows system and imported the .esp file to developer studio. Now when I click on "WorkBench Settings" in developer studio, I am getting the error "<<App Name>> is not configured to EAC Central server". Also we are not able to see the app in the drop down.

I am able to connect to the work bench from my windows system
    http:/<<sytem name>>:8006/login.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Shabarinath
  • 4. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    This error occurs when you provide wrong hostname and port while configuring IAP workbench in developer studio.
    Open *.esp* file from pipeline directory and check for below configuration,

<PROJECT_MANAGER_CONFIG AENE_OP_CONFIG="" APPLICATION="WineApp" ENE_OP_CONFIG="" FORGE_OP_CONFIG="" INDEXER_OP_CONFIG="" PORT="*WorkBench_Port*" URL="*Workbench_Hostname*"/>

-Pravin
  • 5. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    shabari Newbie
    Thanks Pravin for your reply.

We have already configured PROJECT_MANAGER_CONFIG settings in .esp file to the correct values itself. But even then we are still facing the below error when we use Tools->Workbench Settings

<h5>The application "ATGen" is not provisioned on the EAC central server</h5>
    The configurations currently present in .esp file are
    <h4><PROJECT_MANAGER_CONFIG APPLICATION="ATGen" PORT="8006" URL="TESTBEDENDECA"/></h4>

Note: Even though we are not able to see our app Name in the Application drop-down in Endeca Work bench settings, we are successfully able to "Get the Instance Configuration" but not able to use the "Set Instance Configuration" button after making some local changes and validating the project. When we use the "Set Instance Configuration" we are facing below error

<h5> Error parsing Workbench response. The XML or Text declaration must start at line/column 1/1</h5>

Please let me know if we are missing anything.

Regards,
    Shabari

Edited by: shabari on Oct 14, 2012 7:42 AM
  • 6. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    Kristen G Explorer
    Which version of dev studio and workbench are you using?
  • 7. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    967708 Newbie
    Hi,

Versions used are as below.

Developer Studio version : 6.1.2
    Workbench Version : 3.1.0

Thanks,
    Mallikarjun
  • 8. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    I think you should open ticket with Endeca support for this issue.

- Pravin
  • 9. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    sabdelhalim Newbie
    Hi,
    catching up ...
    a thought though :
    - did you check if the user you used to create/configure wkbench and run initialize services is declared and has appropriate rights in your windows environment ?
    - are you sure your http service is up in your windows environment ?
    why not run an initilize services in windows environment ?
    hope that helps
    regards
    Saleh
  • 10. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    raschmi Newbie
    Hi - I am fresh out of an Oracle Endeca training session where this worked fine using an older release of the Developer Studio within their classroom environment.

Now - after installing and initializing an application under Windows-7 on my own machine, I am experiencing the exact same error described in this thread.

Workstation manager is working fine with my application, and the JSP Reference Implementation is running against the application.

I am wondering if you did contact Oracle for support and if this was resolved.

Thanks.
  • 11. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    Luc1976 Newbie
    I am having the exact same problem on Window 7 DevStudio 6.1.2. I am able to get the instance configuration but not setting it. I also get the errors message saying that my app has not been provisioned to the EAC Central Server.

I wonder if this is a bug in dev studio.

Solutions anyone?

Thanks,
    Luc
  • 12. Re: Unable to connect Wokbench through Developers Studio
    Kristen G Explorer
    My recommendation is to open a service request with support. This sounds like there might be a bug.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points