We stopped the domains copied the images and created the same volumes on another server using
ldm list-constraints -x front > front.xml
we then imported using create
ldm add-domain -i front.xml
Add originally the domains had the same volume names. At some point all the volume names got renamed to something as such. Not sure why they got renamed. The hostnames were changed to ctrlp and ctrls instead of tip1 and tip2.
NAME VOLUME OPTIONS DEVICE
We made changes to 1 VM on the primary and repeated the process with list-constraints and coping the updated image back over to the secondary not knowing these volume names got changed and now when we try and bind we get errors as such
The volume "front1_1vol" does not exist on virtual disk server "primary-vds0".
However the volume is there but with a different name.
Can someone explain why the volume names got changed and is there a way to just rename a volume in the bindings without having to completely delete and reload everything.