This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 11:09 AM by 967843 RSS

APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts

967843 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am facing a peculiar issue after upgrading our APEX instance from 4.0.X to 4.1.X version.

After logging to Apex application with developer credentials and running any application, the following issues are caused
1. On clicking any buttons on the toolbar will lead to apex application builder sign in page.
2. Some times after navigating to different pages in the application the toolbar disappears.

So on any action I am losing the application builder session. I have also tested this on the sample application too.

Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards
Shesh
  • 1. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    Prabodh Guru
    Welcome to Oracle Forums!
    Please acquaint yourself with the FAQ and forum etiquette if you haven't already done so.

Always state
    <ul>
    <li>Apex Version</li>
    <li>DB Version and edition</li>
    <li>Web server used.I.e. EPG, OHS, ApexListner Standalone or with J2EE container</li>
    <li>When asking about forms always state tabular form if it is a tabular form</li>
    <li>When asking about reports always state Classic / IR</li>
    <li>Always post code snippets enclosed in a pair of &#123;code&#125; tags as explained in FAQ</li>
    </ul>

Which web server? Have you copied the images folder complete and correct ?

Is this a new instance of DB as well? If 11g have you completed the NETWORK ACL setups?

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    Tom Petrus Expert
    And also: what browser are you using? Do you have the same behaviour in another?
  • 3. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    Hi Prabodh,

Pls. find the details below

APEX : 4.1.1.00.23
    Database : Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit
    Webserver : CGI Environment
    APEX_LISTENER_VERSION 1.1.4.195.00.12
    PLSQL_GATEWAY WebDb
    GATEWAY_IVERSION 3
    SERVER_SOFTWARE Mod-Apex
    GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

About Newtwork ACL setups, I will talk to the my DBA and will update.

Regards
    Shesh
  • 4. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    Hi Tom,

I have tested this in IE, Chrome and Firefox the behaviour is same. I have also tested the application by importing to apex.oracle.com and I dont see any issues their might be due to version 4.2.

Regards
    Shesh
  • 5. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    I checked the ACL Privileges and found that the grants is only for APEX_040000 as of now. Since we have upgraded to APEX 4.1.X version the privileges for APEX_040100 has to be granted.

I have made this request to the DBA team, once I have this I will test and will let you know if the issue is resolved.

select acl from dba_network_acls;

select acl,principal,is_grant from dba_network_acl_privileges;

Regards
    Shesh
  • 6. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    The ACL privileges was granted to APEX_040100 but signout issues is not resolved.

Regards
    Shesh
  • 7. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    Christian Neumueller Expert
    Hi,

one common issue for losing the dev toolbar or having to login again to the dev env is that some request on the page invalidates the builder session. That is, the request somehow causes Apex to render /apex/apex or /apex/f?p=4500:1000 without a session id. In that case, Apex creates a new unauthenticated builder session and the old one is not valid anymore.

For example, we had such an issue on the demo booths at OOW. We used the Apex Listener standalone and had intermittent logout issues. The reason was that the browser sometimes automatically requested /favicon.ico from the server and Apex Listener standalone automatically rewrote any request that is not /i/... or /apex/... to /apex/... This will be fixed in a newer Apex Listener release, btw. The easiest solution for this problem is to use the Listener inside a container (Weblogic, Glassfish), or behind a http proxy.

I also remember another issue with a notification plugin. Some background image in the css file caused a request to /apex/ and the builder session was gone.

These issues are sometimes a bit difficult to spot. For example, the favicon.ico request did not show up in the Chrome Developer Tools. I found that via Wireshark.

Regards,
    Christian
  • 8. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    Hi Christian,

Is their any methods/tools to identify the request that invalidates the builder session.

I will try the solution that you provided for APEX listener's bug.

Thank You!

Regards
    Shesh
  • 9. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    Christian Neumueller Expert
    Hi Shesh,

that's a bit tricky. If you used Apex Listener standalone, there is a good chance that you were hitting the favicon.ico bug. Otherwise, you will have to debug the network traffic.

Regards,
    Christian
  • 10. Re: APEX Developer Toolbar disappears/Signouts
    967843 Newbie
    Thanks Christian, I will try Fiddler or Wireshark.

Regards
    Shesh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points