3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 3:00 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

SID and EBS 11.5.10.2 on 11.2.0.3 database RAC

user12273962
      I'm in the process of migrate a EBS 11i database from 10.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.3 I have the database imported and extended autoconfig onto the database tiers. Autoconfig runs successfully and I think I have the listeners defined right. The problem is... I can't connect to the database using the short service name of say... TESTDB. I can connect with testdb.domainname.com and I can connect to each individual node using the service names TESTDB1 and TESTDB2. I just can't connect to the RAC using just TESTDB. I get the dreaded ORA-12505 error about

TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect

This is a fresh install of 11.2.0.3 on linux and I do have scan running but I've removed the remote listener setting in the init file and add listeners for the EBS. Just can't get the SID name to be accepted. Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: SID and EBS 11.5.10.2 on 11.2.0.3 database RAC
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please post the contents of the tnsnames.ora file here (from the RDBMS ORACLE_HOME).

What is the output of "echo $TWO_TASK"?

Please see these docs.

Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i [ID 823586.1]
          Service Temporarily Unavailable In Rac Env After Running Autoconfig [ID 267386.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: SID and EBS 11.5.10.2 on 11.2.0.3 database RAC
            user12273962
            Thanks Hussein.

I actually just go it fixed. I hadn't cloned the mid tiers yet so article 267386.1 didn't play a role. I was just testing the various connects after extending autoconfig onto the db tiers. It turned out to be an issue with the db_domain value causing the issue. Along with a problem with not having a local_listener value for each node in the SPFILE. With the db_domain value present and the local_listener values not defined.... autoconfig was messing up the listeners.
            • 3. Re: SID and EBS 11.5.10.2 on 11.2.0.3 database RAC
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              user12273962 wrote:
              Thanks Hussein.

I actually just go it fixed. I hadn't cloned the mid tiers yet so article 267386.1 didn't play a role. I was just testing the various connects after extending autoconfig onto the db tiers. It turned out to be an issue with the db_domain value causing the issue. Along with a problem with not having a local_listener value for each node in the SPFILE. With the db_domain value present and the local_listener values not defined.... autoconfig was messing up the listeners.
              Thanks for the update and for sharing the solution.

Thanks,
              Hussein