This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 3:48 PM by EEG RSS

Disable Navigation Bar From Certain Pages

EEG Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello.

I'm using Apex 4.1.0 with Oracle 11gR2 and mod_plsql.

I've created an application containing 10 pages, using the Sunrise theme (theme #5). Each of these pages displays a navigation bar at the very top. This is the default bar that appears with this theme and contains the "Welcome user name" message and the "Logout" url link.

I need to disable this entire navigation bar from appearing (not just the individual "Welcome" and "Logout" entires) on one of these pages (call it page 2). What I am doing is displaying page 2 in an iframe on another page. When page 2 appears in the iframe, this default navigation bar also appears and takes up much space and is simply inappropriate.

I know how to conditionally enable/disable the individual "Welcome" and "Logout" entries in this navigation bar. But I do not know how to disable the entire navigation bar from just this one page 2.

In the Sunrise theme, the template called "One Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based)" contains these individual entries. But I'm not sure how to disable the entire navigation bar from just this one page 2.

Thank you for any help on this.

Elie
  • 1. Re: Disable Navigation Bar From Certain Pages
    fac586 Guru
    EEG wrote:

I need to disable this entire navigation bar from appearing (not just the individual "Welcome" and "Logout" entires) on one of these pages (call it page 2). What I am doing is displaying page 2 in an iframe on another page. When page 2 appears in the iframe, this default navigation bar also appears and takes up much space and is simply inappropriate.

I know how to conditionally enable/disable the individual "Welcome" and "Logout" entries in this navigation bar. But I do not know how to disable the entire navigation bar from just this one page 2.

In the Sunrise theme, the template called "One Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based)" contains these individual entries. But I'm not sure how to disable the entire navigation bar from just this one page 2.
    The simplest option would be to create a copy of the One Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based) page template, remove the <tt>#NAVIGATION_BAR#</tt> substitution string, and use this as the template for page 2.

(In this instance it probably makes sense to create a custom page template that doesn't contain anything you don't need in the <tt>iframe</tt> page: header, tabs, breadcrumbs, unused region positions, footer etc.)
  • 2. Re: Disable Navigation Bar From Certain Pages
    EEG Newbie
    Hello fac586.

Thank you for your help (once again).

I followed your advice and created a custom page template containing only the items needed in my iframe and assigned this as my page 2 template. It worked perfectly.

Thank you so much.

Elie

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points