1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2012 6:15 AM by Prabodh

403 Forbidden

user10674559
      we are getting error at login page:
      Service Temporarily Unavailable
      The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

error_log shows below details:
      [Fri Oct 12 08:45:34 2012] [error] mod_plsql: /pls/apex/apex HTTP-503 ORA-28001

I found apex_public_user was expired so I set new password and updated dads.conf file as below:

[erprp1:BICRP:oracle]$ sqlplus system@BICRP

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Fri Oct 12 20:32:46 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
      Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
      With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> alter user apex_public_user identified by xxxxx;

User altered.

Updated dads.conf file in directory /app/oracle/bicrpdb/apex/iAS/Apache/modplsql/cfg

with new apex_public_user password.

But After changing password, getting new error:

"Forbidden
      You don't have permission to access /pls/apex on this server"

error log shows:
      [Fri Oct 12 20:38:10 2012] [error] mod_plsql: /pls/apex/f HTTP-403 ORA-1017

I researched and applied fix as mentioned in several forum to unlock account and restart services but I still can't get login page.

please advice what else can be missing here.

Thanks,
      Jigisha
        • 1. Re: 403 Forbidden
          Prabodh
          user10674559
          How about getting yourself a friendlier handle?
          >
          we are getting error at login page:
          Service Temporarily Unavailable
          The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

error_log shows below details:
          [Fri Oct 12 08:45:34 2012] [error] mod_plsql: /pls/apex/apex HTTP-503 ORA-28001

I found apex_public_user was expired so I set new password and updated dads.conf file as below:

[erprp1:BICRP:oracle]$ sqlplus system@BICRP

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Fri Oct 12 20:32:46 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
          Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
          With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> alter user apex_public_user identified by xxxxx;

User altered.

Updated dads.conf file in directory /app/oracle/bicrpdb/apex/iAS/Apache/modplsql/cfg

with new apex_public_user password.

But After changing password, getting new error:

"Forbidden
          You don't have permission to access /pls/apex on this server"

error log shows:
          [Fri Oct 12 20:38:10 2012] [error] mod_plsql: /pls/apex/f HTTP-403 ORA-1017

I researched and applied fix as mentioned in several forum to unlock account and restart services but I still can't get login page.

please advice what else can be missing here.

>
          In all probability you have modified the wrong file. Or, your Apex is not really configured to use the OHS that you are using !

If you know what the password that expired then reset the user to the original password like this
          SQL>ALTER USER APEX_PUBLIC_USER IDENTIFIED BY <ORIGINAL_PASSWORD> ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
          Cheers,