7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 5:59 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Oracle Installation on windows 7

Kazi
      Hi

I tried to install oracle 10g Release-2 in windows 7 in my laptop. It shows error like 'Following files are missing". But it cannot show file names. It showed the as below:

Following files are missing:

Unknown
      Unknown
      Unknown.
      Can anyone tell me to overcome this situation? If I need to post this question in any other group, please give me the link.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
          hitgon
          Have you downloaded the correct oracle setup for your os?
          os is 32 or 64 bit??

please mention the setup details you download from oracle.com?
          • 2. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            Pl identify exact versions of "10g" and Windows 7. The only certified combination is 10.2.0.5 on Win 7 Professional or higher. Home version of Windows is not supported. Using uncertifed combinations will result in the software not working as advertised.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b14264/toc.htm#CIHCFAGA (see Step 4 - the 10.2.0.5 patch can only be downloaded by paying support customers at https://support.oracle.com)

HTH
            Srini
            • 3. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

Please read:
              How to Install Oracle 10gR2 on MS Windows 7 / Windows 2008R2 [ID 1173433.1]
              Is Microsoft Windows 7 certified to install/run Oracle Database Server/Client ? [ID 952302.1]

Regard
              Helios
              • 4. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
                user571349
                "The only certified combination is 10.2.0.5 on Win 7 Professional "
                When you look at the download page:
                http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomen

The only 10.2.0.5 version is for "Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.5) for Microsoft Windows (64-bit Itanium) "

We have now Windows 7 Enterprise (no, not Professional) Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] 32-bit
                We tried this from the download page:
                "Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3/10.2.0.4) for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 "
                and the installer didn't let us through, I would say "checking versions 5.., 6.0" and would reject 6.1

The Download page is misleading us to think that since "Windows 7" is in the name, it is not exactly compatible with all Win7 versions!

Regards,
                Richard

Edited by: user571349 on 04-May-2012 00:36

Edited by: user571349 on 04-May-2012 00:41

Edited by: user571349 on 04-May-2012 00:46
                • 5. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  Pl see the install instructions in the link I posted above (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b14264/toc.htm#CIHCFAGA) - I believe they are explicitly clear.

HTH
                  Srini
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
                    azfar
                    Just set the compatibility mode of data setup file to "windows xp" before the installation. This can be done by righ clicking the database setup file go to compatibility tab and set it to xp... you might need to increase your system's vertual memory size as well that is set initial size of virtual memory of your system to 2000mb and maximum size to 3000mb. I had same problems which was address by those 2 steps .. hope that will work for you too...

Regards,
                    Azfar.
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Installation on windows 7
                      Srini Chavali-Oracle
                      Just because you were able to install successfully using these unsupported hacks does not necessarily mean that the software will work as advertised.

HTH
                      Srini