3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 10:07 AM by Jeff_J RSS

Question about Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1

carlopz
      Hi all,

I have some questions about installing Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1 Early Adopter:

a) Can I to update/upgrade from EA to GA release when this last will be released??
      b) Can I manage Oracle VM x86 Server 3.1.1 with this Oracle VM Manager version?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Question about Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1
          carlopz
          Please, any idea??
          • 2. Re: Question about Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1
            I would say 'yes' to both of your questions but this is a guess based on previous versions of Oracle VM Manager mixed in with older VM Server hosts.

We haven't had an EA release before so this is purely conjecture ; but the point of using an EA release is lost if you cant update to the GA release once this is available.
            • 3. Re: Question about Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1
              Jeff_J
              I did a 3.2.1 install just a few days ago.

On page 56 of the OVM 3.2.1 install guide is this:

+"When Oracle VM Manager is upgraded, you must upgrade all the Oracle VM Servers managed by that instance of Oracle VM Manager before you can return the Oracle VM environment to normal operation. Rolling upgrades of the Oracle VM Servers is supported, but Oracle VM Manager and all Oracle VM Servers must be at the same software revision level during normal operation of the Oracle VM environment, for example, Oracle VM Manager and all Oracle VM Servers should be running Oracle VM Release 3.2.1 Beta."+

So I think that means an OVMM running 3.2.1 can only manage OVM 3.2.1?

I did upgrade a lab 3.1 to 3.2.1 the other day, however post the upgrade there were issues, the version of the servers that had been upgrade still showed as 3.1.

Do I decided to re-install and the problems went - however a whole new bunch showed up!

Jeff