This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 11:58 PM by 968331 RSS

priority for concurrent request set

968331 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there any way we can set the priority for the concurrent request set in Oracle APPS. So while executing, it takes the priority over the other normal default priority requests ?
I know we can do it for concurrent request.
And we can set the profile to set the priority at user/responsibility level. But I want to set the priority for one of the request set only.

This is for Oracle Apps 11i
  • 1. Re: priority for concurrent request set
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    AFAIK, you cannot set the priority at the request set level, but individual concurrent programs that make up the request set can have a priority defined.

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: priority for concurrent request set
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    The priority is linked with the executable name of the concurrent program (as you see in System Administrator responsibility > Concurrent > Program > Define) and this is not applicable to Requests Sets. -- Please see this link for details.

(Executable) Priority
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12893/T174296T174301.htm

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: priority for concurrent request set
    968331 Newbie
    Thank you for your help.

I have figure out the way.

Every “Request Set” when defined also saves a record in “Concurrent -> Program -> Define” form (FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS table) with the name as “Request Set <req set name>”.

So, the priority of a request set can be changed the same way as that of a concurrent program’s (nav: Concurrent -> Program –Define -> search for “Request Set <req set name>” program). This will set the priority of the request set for all the users who run it.

If we want to set the “request set” priority for ONLY one user, then user needs to schedule the request set from his/her id and priority can be changed by clicking on “View Details” of a “Pending/ Scheduled” request set.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points