This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 12:00 AM by oracleRaj RSS

Prometric Testing ID

oracleRaj Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear GURUS,

My Prometric Testing ID is ******

I am interested in upgrading my certification to 11g, when I login at PEARSON VUE, I can not find my exam history, and even my Oracle Testing ID is changed.

Kindly tell me which ID should I take with me to appear in Exam ?

Regards,
  • 1. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    your question should be



    Oracle Discussion Forums » Technology Network Community » Certification
  • 2. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    this is Oracle Forum which is related to Oracle Problems , Ok you can upgrade your certification to 11g (Exam called 11g new Features as i guess 1Z0-052 but you have to make sure)
    if you have any issue related to PEARSON VUE then you should contact them not posting here.
  • 3. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Girish Sharma Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pearson VUE will know about your exam history at Pearson VUE ..... but it will not know about certifications.

    Certiview will have your exam history and certifications. The're may be a lag of a few days between information getting from Pearson VUE to Certview.

    Re: How to view exam history?

    Edited by: Girish Sharma on Oct 13, 2012 6:42 PM
    More Seriously.

    History for exams taken at Prometric will remain with Prometric.
    History for exams taken at Pearson will remain at Pearson.

    However for Oracle Exams exam and certification history for both is held on certview which is a viewport to the Oracle Certification Database.

    http://certview.oracle.com

    Source:How to move the history from Prometric to PEARSON VUE?
  • 4. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    oracleRaj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    this is Oracle Forum which is related to Oracle Problems , Ok you can upgrade your certification to 11g (Exam called 11g new Features as i guess 1Z0-052 but you have to make sure)
    if you have any issue related to PEARSON VUE then you should contact them not posting here.
    OKay.

    It's exams 1Z0-050.
    WHat about My id, I have been assigned new ID. which ID should I go with registration ? :(
  • 5. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    If you already have an ID why you should create new one , Just use the old one .
  • 6. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    oracleRaj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    If you already have an ID why you should create new one , Just use the old one .
    I didnt created the new ID. I followed the procedure to create account at PEARSON VUE. I got new ID there.

    I have now pearson ID and Prometric ID.

    I have given previous OCP-DBA exams with Prometric.
  • 7. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    As i know Now All oracle exam On PEARSON VUE , Just Go to Test Center And Tell them which exam you want , and they will do the rest , and you can do it online from PEARSON VUE website
  • 8. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    matthew_morris Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Kindly tell me which ID should I take with me to appear in Exam ?
    You need to have your testing IDs merged. Only Oracle can do this -- Pearson cannot. You need to open an SR and provide them with both testing IDs and your information (name, email address, etc). Once the IDs are merged, you need to use the merged ID at all times with Pearson. With multiple IDs, you will never have accurate information in CertView, and your exam information between the two will not be combined (i.e. if a certification requires two tests and you've passed both, but they are under different IDs, you won't be awarded it).

    The URL to create an SR is:
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

    Edited by: matthew_morris on Oct 13, 2012 11:39 AM -- Added URL
  • 9. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mark this thread as answered please if you get what you want
  • 10. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thank you, Matthew, for answering this. Just one clarification to your response - this may have been a confusion that I cause in an earlier post. Pearson CAN merge the IDs. As a matter of fact, it is best to request the merge from Pearson at pearsonvue.com/oracle/idmerge. This link will provide contact numbers for you to call and request the merge. Allow at least 48 hours for the merge to be completed and transferred to the Oracle Certification Database and then check in CertView for your complete history. Once the IDs are merged, you will be able to register for a new exam and all of your history will be under one record.

    Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 11. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    oracleRaj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Brandye Barrington wrote:
    Thank you, Matthew, for answering this. Just one clarification to your response - this may have been a confusion that I cause in an earlier post. Pearson CAN merge the IDs. As a matter of fact, it is best to request the merge from Pearson at pearsonvue.com/oracle/idmerge. This link will provide contact numbers for you to call and request the merge. Allow at least 48 hours for the merge to be completed and transferred to the Oracle Certification Database and then check in CertView for your complete history. Once the IDs are merged, you will be able to register for a new exam and all of your history will be under one record.

    Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
    I have already merged ID's and created SR, but I have not recieved any reply yet.

    I can not see exam/certification history in Certview, Its been around 4 days, but no response yet.
    I want to appear in Exam but dont know which ID should I go with.
  • 12. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    oracleRaj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I have recieved email from Pearson, I am confused they have said I have two profiles in their database. I have one profile though.

    They have asked in email
    Which Testing ID should survive the merge?  __________

    i.e

    Profile A.. 1233 VUE iD 121212
    profile B.. 7890 VUE iD 898989


    Here profle A id 1233 is my prometric id and profile B is ID 7890 I got from pearson web account.

    Kindly Help me what should I do now ?
  • 13. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    check with them which one is the oldest , i think you should know these information .
  • 14. Re: Prometric Testing ID
    oracleRaj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    oldest is the one which is from prometric .
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points