1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 3:36 PM by user99472 RSS

MW 2.19 - Applying First Patch

user99472
      Apps Upgrade: 11.5.10.2 -> 12.1.1
      DB: 11.2.0.3

Product Family: Review Upgrade Tasks
      Task: Apply AD Minipack
      Step: 1.6-Apply patch 7429271

This is my 2nd upgrade attempt and I have come to the very first patch that needs to be applied and the "setup" portion successfully downloaded the patch but the "execute" portion is having problems finding the "release".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Found release REL= from fnd_product_groups.
      WARNING - must be on cat 4-6 steps to apply non-preinstall mode Release 11.5.X patches.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I examined the patchit11i.sh and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I am thinking that perhaps there is something amiss with the Linux env that is configured by MW when the script is copied to and executed on the APPS tier.

Regardless, I can apply the patch manually but I am wondering how this is going to get fixed once this patch is done and I move on to all of the other patches.

Applying patches worked fine during my first upgrade attempt so I know that it can work.

Thanks