2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 3:42 PM by user11263665 RSS

Custom workflow for manual merch projects

user11263665
      Hi,
      Having issues in configuring custom workflow.

In ATG10.0.3 created a custom workflow(editCommerceAssets.wdl) & configured with catalog import job (importing thru spreadsheet & creating a Merch project).This works successfully.
      I am trying to configure this custom workflow for manually created projects in BCC.
      In the following files I tried replacing commonWorkflow.wdl to editCommerceAssets.wdl.

<localconfig>\atg\commerce\web\assetmanager\taskConfiguration.xml
      <localconfig>\atg\commerce\web\workflowActivities.xml

But getting this error in pub console:
      10:13:23,195 WARN [ActivityManager] The workflow activity with ID /Common/commonWorkflow.wdl has been registered multiple times for the same workflow. Please verify your workflow
      configuration as this is not allowed.
      10:14:40,453 ERROR [ApplicationManager] There is no application configured with ID '/Common/commonWorkflow.wdl'.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
      Mani

Edited by: user11263665 on Oct 17, 2012 9:38 AM
        • 1. Re: Custom workflow for manual merch projects
          karthik chopperla
          It is possible that the workflow has already been registered in db before you modified workflowActivities.xml.Did you try cleaning up workflow tables and restart the server??

epub_workflow_info, epub_coll_workflow, epub_ind_wf,epub_wf_server_id tables

Make sure there is only one entry for each workflow in epub_workflow_info. If there are multiple entries, then it may be coming from 2 different places and you need to disable one of them. Whenever you create custom work flow, copy the existing workflow and modify it and give it a different name. If you are importing programmatically, you really dont need to configure it in taskConfiguraiton.xml ( as it corresponds to settings related to which item-descriptors, tabs, security in BCC gui).

-karthik
          • 2. Re: Custom workflow for manual merch projects
            user11263665
            Karthick,
            #1.I see only one entry in epub_workflow_info.
            #2.For importing programatically , I did customized the workflow(editCommerceAssets.xml) but didn't assign to taskConfiguration.xml
            #3.Please share how to assign the customized workflow to the merch projects created manually thru BCC.

Thanks!
            Mani