This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 8:00 AM by 968963 RSS

JMS Adapter with Mediator

968963 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I could not find very relevant documentation on this one, so asking the question here.

I am trying to use a JMS Adapter to read from a queue, and use the same interface(wsdl) for a mediator. In this mediator, I am trying to generate events based on the message payload received.

Somehow the Mediator does not read from the queue, but if I invoke the mediator as a service, and push the message, it works absolutely fine. Is that something I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
Abhi
  • 1. Re: JMS Adapter with Mediator
    vladodias Guru
    Hi,

Couple of things to check when using JmsAdapter:

- The location configured in the jca file should match exactly with the outbound connection pool configuration jndi name on JmsAdapter deployment
    - The destination configured in the jca file should match exactly with the jndi name of the queue/topic

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: JMS Adapter with Mediator
    968963 Newbie
    Thanks Vlad. This is what I finally figured out.

The Mediator and the Adapter had to use the same wsdl in order for this to work. Or, at least this is one way to solve. :-)
  • 3. Re: JMS Adapter with Mediator
    968963 Newbie
    Marking is as answered. I put the answer myself.
  • 4. Re: JMS Adapter with Mediator
    user4604374 Newbie
    Im actually experiencing the same issue. My task at hand is to read the payload from JMS with the jca adapter so I can insert the payload into a table. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In Weblogic Console

under deployment jmsadapter -> Outbound Connections -> jndi name is eis/jms/faultQueue -> ConnectionFactoryLocation Property is jms/faultCF

Under JMS Module Connection Factory Name is fautljmsfactory which JNDI name is jms/faultCF
    Under JMS Module Queue Name jmsfaultqueue which JNDI name is jms/faultQueue

In BPEL jca adapter (consume) destination is set to jms/faultQueue.
    jndi name is set eis/jms/faultQueue

Here is the jca

<adapter-config name="BoralFaultMessaging" adapter="JMS Adapter" wsdlLocation="BoralFaultMessaging.wsdl" xmlns="http://platform.integration.oracle/blocks/adapter/fw/metadata">

<connection-factory location="eis/jms/faultQueue" UIJmsProvider="WLSJMS" UIConnectionName="IPM-PRD3"/>
    <endpoint-activation portType="Consume_Message_ptt" operation="Consume_Message">
    <activation-spec className="oracle.tip.adapter.jms.inbound.JmsConsumeActivationSpec">
    <property name="PayloadType" value="TextMessage"/>
    <property name="UseMessageListener" value="false"/>
    <property name="DestinationName" value="jms/faultQueue"/>
    </activation-spec>
    </endpoint-activation>

</adapter-config>
  • 5. Re: JMS Adapter with Mediator
    968963 Newbie
    Trying to give you the counterparts I have in my working example.
    In my case the queue is on a separate machine, and the BPEL is deployed on a separate machine. Cross-domain security config needs to be done for these machines to be able to talk.

In weblogic console: where BPEL is running.
    under deployment jmsadapter -> Outbound Connections -> jndi name is jms/PRISMQueue -> ConnectionFactoryLocation Property is jms/SoaCF

where queue is configured.
    Under JMS Module Connection Factory Name is SoaConnectionFactory which JNDI name is jms/SoaCF
    Under JMS Module Queue Name SOAPostActivityStatusQueue which JNDI name is jms.SOAPostActivityStatusQueue

Services>Messaging>JMSModules>MyModule>SOAPostActivityStatusQueue>
    JNDI name - jms.SOAPostActivityStatusQueue

Adapter in BPEL/Composite-
    Destination - jms.SOAPostActivityStatusQueue
    JNDI - jms/PRISMQueue

JCA:

<adapter-config name="PostResponseFromPCService" adapter="JMS Adapter" wsdlLocation="PostResponseFromPCService.wsdl" xmlns="http://platform.integration.oracle/blocks/adapter/fw/metadata">

<connection-factory location="jms/PRISMQueue" UIJmsProvider="WLSJMS" UIConnectionName="tacoma"/>
    <endpoint-activation portType="Consume_Message_ptt" operation="Consume_Message">
    <activation-spec className="oracle.tip.adapter.jms.inbound.JmsConsumeActivationSpec">
    <property name="PayloadType" value="TextMessage"/>
    <property name="UseMessageListener" value="false"/>
    <property name="DestinationName" value="jms.SOAPostActivityStatusQueue"/>
    </activation-spec>
    </endpoint-activation>

</adapter-config>

HTH.

Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points