This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 1:15 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available

j.a.motta Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, today I tried to download part of the required software for the OCM 11g exam from OTN.

I found that the Grid Control 10.2.0.3 software and the 10.2.0.5 patchset are not available, but they were available a couple of months ago. According to my records, the files needed for Linux x86-64 platform are:
Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk1.zip
Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk2.zip
gc_x86_64_10205_part1of2.zip
gc_x86_64_10205_part2of2.zip

How can I download that software to prepare the OCM 11g exam?

Regards,

Jose.
  • 1. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    809186 Newbie
    Hi Jose,

I am facing same difficulty.
    I wrote to OU asking for advice.
    I will post here if I hear back from them.

Regards
    Ravi
  • 2. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    orafad Oracle ACE
    The OCM exam information state Exam Environment as for OEM: "Oracle Enterprise Management Grid Control 10g version 10.2.0.5 (64-bit) with repository database 11.1.0.6"

Both products are out of support I believe.
    It seems that release versions comes and goes a bit too (way too) quickly nowadays.

And I wonder how all non-support "needs" are planned (or not) to be fulfilled.
    Just considering the Support apsect of it, how does customers that should have right to Lifetime support for say "10.2" product line (but not to new products) now get hold of media, when MOS may not be available (only for "current" products). I fail to see that it could work practically...

Anway, maybe it's a good time for OU to start providing some archived releases for educational/certificational, including self-educational purposes! Under the OTN license fo course (non supported etc.).

Edited by: orafad on Oct 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Edited by: orafad on Oct 16, 2012 11:18 AM
  • 3. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    809186 Newbie
    Email advice from the OCP team...

Thank you for contacting Oracle Certification Team.
    We request you to kindly contact your local Oracle University representative for exam preparation materials / software details. Please visit http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=225 to contact your local Oracle University representative. You can also call a representative at 1.800.529.0165 Oracle University will be better able to assist you
    For further queries we request you to please raise a new Support request at http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP We will be happy to assist you.
  • 4. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Attempted to get some feedback on this issue/thread, via "ocp SR", but the mail reply received in return contained just a blanket statement about which web pages normally contains download instructions. Great!
  • 5. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    809186 Newbie
    I got an update from OU yesterday that they are looking at the issue.
    I hope it will be solved soon...

Regards
    Ravi
  • 6. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    j.a.motta Newbie
    I have sent an email to the local OU representative asking for the software and they request me about the voucher for the exam.

Today, I have replied that preparing the exam entails months of preparation, and I haven't bought the voucher yet.

I'll update about the answer/resolution.

Regards,

Jose.
  • 7. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    809186 Newbie
    All,

No reply from OU so I called them. I learned that they will not provide the software.

They wanted to make sure I'm an OCP and that I have taken the 2 courses first.

(I am a 11g db OCP and I have taken already the OCM 11g exam prep workshop.)

They advised me to sign up for a 2nd course as well.

This is fine by me, except I dont want to register for an already unsupported software.
    I'd prefer taking a course on data guard or rac instead.

This is not an ideal time for me to be an OCM candidate, unfortunately...

I will just have to read whatever documentation is available, take a shot at the exam and be done with it.

Regards
    Ravi
  • 8. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Just a note on this issue. I have contacted the exam development team and they are checking on the alternatives. I have not received any response back from them yet, but I will continue to follow up on this.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 9. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Thanks for the update. (I think an update with status of 'no response' (yet) is much better than no update at all.)
  • 10. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    j.a.motta Newbie
    j.a.motta wrote:
    I have sent an email to the local OU representative asking for the software and they request me about the voucher for the exam.

Today, I have replied that preparing the exam entails months of preparation, and I haven't bought the voucher yet.

I'll update about the answer/resolution.

Regards,

Jose.
    Finally, OU told me that they cannot assist me with the software download.

I hope finally there will be a resolution.

Thanks to all.

Jose.
  • 11. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    bigdelboy Pro
    Just to take a different angle on this.

The persons on this thread are aspiring OCMs.

To some extent I would expect investigations for alternative downloads of alternative verions would provide acceptable versions for training purposes.

i.e. If a employed an OCM I would be expecting someone who could give me solutions, not a person solely reliant on Oracle Support calls.

So perhap this is just a challange on the OCM journey that the candidate needs to look to overcome.

That said, the ability of OEM to misbehave if not properly patched or setup can be exasperating.

And the candidate who has access to the specific versions for the exam may have advantages over those who do not.

... Mind you ... if I were putting time, money and sweat into preparing for OCM I would be whinging too.
  • 12. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Dear Friends

Greetings !!!!

Thanks for your interest in Oracle 11g OCM.

I have downloaded all the below softwares required for Oracle 11g OCM including OS (When it is available on OTN).

The below softwares available with me. If you want i will share with you people.

If any queries related to Oracle 11g OCM i will try to help you people.

1. Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk1.zip
    2. Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk2.zip
    3. gc_x86_64_10205_part1of2.zip
    4. gc_x86_64_10205_part2of2.zip
    5. Oracle Linux Release 5.4 (64-bit)
    6. Oracle Database 11g version 11.2.0 (64-bit)

Thanks & Best Regards
    Laserite_Chennai
  • 13. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    bigdelboy Pro
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:
    Dear Friends

Greetings !!!!

Thanks for your interest in Oracle 11g OCM.

I have downloaded all the below softwares required for Oracle 11g OCM including OS (When it is available on OTN).

The below softwares available with me. If you want i will share with you people.

If any queries related to Oracle 11g OCM i will try to help you people.

1. Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk1.zip
    2. Linux_x86_64_Grid_Control_full_102030_disk2.zip
    3. gc_x86_64_10205_part1of2.zip
    4. gc_x86_64_10205_part2of2.zip
    5. Oracle Linux Release 5.4 (64-bit)
    6. Oracle Database 11g version 11.2.0 (64-bit)

Thanks & Best Regards
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Bigdelboy wishes to share the following:
    1) You are a probably a very nice and helpful person
    2) On this forum, where there is a dear friends or my friend something it is 90% of the time followed by an iffy/dodgy statement
    3) Would you be seeking a small recompense for this service?
    4) Unfortunately you almost certainly are in breach of a license agreement that forbids you to distribute this software.
    Feel free to eloborate or correct my sharings.
  • 14. Re: Software for OCM 11g exam partly not available
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Hi

Thanks for your message. Two things we have to note here

1. For preparing Oracle 11g OCM, downloading softwares and installing in laptops or desktops and preparing for Oracle 11g OCM, License is not required.
    2. I am not expecting any compense from forum people
    3. Once you are using softwares for commercial purpose then only License will come into the picture

Thanks
    Laserite_Chennai
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points