This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 8:56 AM by 770628 RSS

Dynamic Calculation Error in Hyperion Planning

770628 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I've got a big issue in Hyp . Planning 11.1.2.1.

I have a dynamic calc member (Actual %) based on a stored member (Actual).

In my webform:
- If I get the dimension in page mode the dynamic calc is not calculated.
- If I get the dimension in columns and display only "Actual %" then it's not calculated as well
- If I get the dimension in columns and display "Actual" and "Actual %" then the calculation is done !

NB: it works correctly If I use Essbase
NB2: I have the same isue through Smart View.

Thanks of your help
  • 1. Re: Dynamic Calculation Error in Hyperion Planning
    Tuco Ramirez Newbie
    If data exists in actual scenario, then check the other dimensions on the form - like Periods - you might have to calculate (agg) those for the dynamic calc to work.

Data must exist in the actual scenario across all dimensions for the dynamic calc to work. Make sure the member property is not dynamic calc and store.

You can also enter and save data on the form if data doesn't exist and the calculation should work.
  • 2. Re: Dynamic Calculation Error in Hyperion Planning
    770628 Newbie
    Hi tuco

Thanks of your help

"If data exists in actual scenario, then check the other dimensions on the form - like Periods - you might have to calculate (agg) those for the dynamic calc to work. "
    As it is in dynamic calc I don't understand why should I have to aggregate ?
    Planning works differently than Essbase ?

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Dynamic Calculation Error in Hyperion Planning
    953582 Journeyer
    Interesting situation. To answer your last response, Essbase and Planning are the same - Planning is just a reporting/input tool TO Essbase. Other than client side javascript/spread functions that exist on the form, all the calcs are done in Essbase. I don't think I have ever seen a situation where the results differed based on what was in the POV/column header/row header. I think what Tuco was suggesting the order of operation in dynamic calcs. For instance, a dyn calc lower in the hierarchy would fire after one higher up in the hierarchy - same with dimensions. That said, the POV shouldn't change the order of operation. Are you sure the ONLY change is what is in the POV and not a property change in a web form? If you retrieve the same data in Excel/Smartview, do you get the same result? If it was me, I would retrieve the same POVs in SmartView to see if you get the same DIFFERENT results when the POV changes. If it doesn't, then there is an issue on the form. Can you try that approach?

----
    Kyle Goodfriend
    http://www.in2hyperion.com
    h4. Please make sure to assign helpful/answered to responses if applicable - it rewards those who help and benefits the user community.
  • 4. Re: Dynamic Calculation Error in Hyperion Planning
    770628 Newbie
    Hello
    Sorry I've just seen your reply.
    Iwill try.
    Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points