2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 9:05 PM by PranitSaha RSS

Buyer Work Center performance and persoanlizations

hadimulam
      Hi All,
      we are currently on R12.1.3 and we've few issues with the way the Buyer Work Center is working

1) The performance of BWC is very slow. Navigating from one field to another field takes at least 5seconds. For fields like project, task, org etc the form takes 10seconds also. Combining all this, creating a PO with 10 lines takes about 10-15mins for our users. Is this normal? Are there ways to improve the performance?

2) There are multiple screens to navgiate. First the users start off with header then to line summary and then to line details/schedules/distributions etc. Is there a simple way to make all information available in one single page so that the users do not have to spend time navigating from one screen to another screen? This will be really helpful for users creating POs with more than 10lines. I'm thinking of persoanlizing the PO line summary screen and make POET available there. Has anyone done any customizations to the PO line summary screen?

I'm sure you must have faced similar issues with your clients. Please let me know if you handled these issues.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Buyer Work Center performance and persoanlizations
          Hi,

As such, Buyer Work Center (BWC) should not have performance issue. Liase with the DBA to check performance issue.
          Coming to your second question, the tabs cannot be merged... it has to be in different tabs only.. if the users are entering more that 10 lines.. I understand
          your concern of navigating using next and prev... may be to avoid this, personalize the table region and show 50 rows instead of 10 rows(which is by default)...

Regards,
          Praveen
          • 2. Re: Buyer Work Center performance and persoanlizations
            PranitSaha
            hadimulam wrote:
            2) There are multiple screens to navgiate. First the users start off with header then to line summary and then to line details/schedules/distributions etc. Is there a simple way to make all information available in one single page so that the users do not have to spend time navigating from one screen to another screen? This will be really helpful for users creating POs with more than 10lines. I'm thinking of persoanlizing the PO line summary screen and make POET available there. Has anyone done any customizations to the PO line summary screen?
            Same question was asked by my client, I recommended them to go directly to the "Distributions" tab and search for the PO. Actually most of the key fields from the header, lines, shipments and distributions are available at the distribution tab and you can add many more fields by clicking on the "Add Another" field. Moreover, you can save the final view for future reference so that you don't need to add the same fields again.

Yes, it is a workaround, as you will see repeated lines for multi shipment and distribution scenarios but single shipment - distribution scenario will be OK.

Thanks,

PS.