This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 11:32 PM by 969432 RSS

How to attach documents to BPM workspace from IPM ?

Nir Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I want to attach a document to BPM workspace, which is uploaded from Oracle IPM.

I can create the BPM instance and pass the metadata form IPM to BPM workspace.
Passing image URL to one of the field, also possible but i want to attach the document to *'Attachment'* area of the workspace.
Is this a possible scenario?

Thank you

E
  • 1. Re: How to attach documents to BPM workspace from IPM ?
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi Nir
    Yes, you can add attachments to Attachments section of Task under Comments and Attachments area. BUT you need to write some Java Code for this to use Task APIs to programmatically add attachments to the Task by reading the payload to get attachment details. You can write the java code in different places like when a Task is Assigned using TaskAssignment Callback handler. Or when Task is submitted using ITaskValidationCallback handler etc.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/apirefs.1111/e10660/oracle/bpel/services/workflow/task/ITaskService.html (See methods like addAttachment(..))

You can find lots of samples online on how to use above APIs.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 2. Re: How to attach documents to BPM workspace from IPM ?
    Nir Newbie
    Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply....

I got a link ( https://blogs.oracle.com/fmwinaction/entry/oracle_bpm_adding_an_attachment) related to add attachment to BPM workflow window.

But it is tested for PS4 and PS5... (mine 11.1.1.3.0 PS2)

Is there any way to go with this for our version ??? or is there any guide to follow ??

Thanks in advance...
  • 3. Re: How to attach documents to BPM workspace from IPM ?
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi Nir
    It should work for SOA 11.3 also. For SOA 11.3 attachments concept is same and most of the APIs are same. The only new thing in the latest SOA versions (11.5 and 11.6) is, we can add Scope for Comments and Attachments whether to Share them with all Tasks in Process or not. But the core concepts are same both for comments and attachments and the bindings it have to show on task details page. One good thing in latest version is you can use oracle UCM (Universal Content Management) System to store and retrieve Attachments.

Yes, give it a shot. If it do not work, the APIs will definetly work for Task attachments that you can use.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 4. Re: How to attach documents to BPM workspace from IPM ?
    969432 Newbie
    Hi,

I am new to Oracle BPM 11g, please help me how to retrieve comments and attachment information from BPM scheme. please see the below queries:

1. Where the attachments and comments are storing mean which schema and table or it keeping as object ?
    2. Can I customize my comment and attachment section ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Raj

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points