3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 9:02 AM by 946686 RSS

./startloadplan.sh return code always 0

Stefan S
      We start a loadplan via $ODI_HOME/oracledi/agent/bin/startloadplan.sh Shell Script.
      We want to call the LoadPlan via external scheduler.
      The call looks like this:
      ./startloadplan.sh <MYLOADPLAN> GLOBAL "-AGENT_URL=<MYAGENT>"
      OracleDI: Starting load plan <MYLOADPLAN> in context GLOBAL ...
      2012-10-19 09:39:55.787 NOTIFICATION ODI-1659: Load plan "<MYLOADPLAN>", instance "2511011", run 1 has started
      echo $?

The odiagent.log shows me that the loadplan failed.

The Shell Script Return Value seems to be always 0. Altough documentation states:
      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/integrate.1111/e12643/running_executions.htm#BABBEDEG)
      If a scenario or a Load Plan completes successfully, the return code will be 0. If not, the return code will be different than 0. This code will be available in:
      The return code of the command line call. The error message, if any, is available on the standard error output.

How do I get the correct exit code and error output displayed ond stderr? Or is the documentation wrong?

And: The above command returns immediately. Even tough the LoadPlan execution takes several minutes. I need the call of the shellscript to hang, until the Loadplan has finished, and then return the correct return code.

ODI Version is 11.1.1.6.0 on Redhat.

Thanks for any hints